Candice Nance, Adjunct Professor - Business Administration Department
By appointment only.
- Tips for Success when Learning Online (PDF)
- BA-125 Introduction to Business Syllbabus (PDF)
- BA-136 Introduction to International Business Syllabus (PDF)
- BA-137 Introduction to International Marketing Syllabus (PDF)
- BA-140 Global Business Immersion
- BA-141C Introduction to International Business Law Syllabus (PDF)
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
- Gilman Scholarship Program
- The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
Professor Nance earned her Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in International Business through American International College. She studied for a year in London, England while working in marketing and sales for a telecommunications company. After completing her time in London, Professor Nance relocated to Bangkok, Thailand to complete her thesis on "A Comparative Analysis of Customer Service in the Commercial Aviation Industry: United States, Asia & Europe."
Prior to her MBA, Professor Nance earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from San Jose State University (SJSU) after transferring from Ohlone College where she earned her Associate in Arts in Business. At SJSU, Professor Nance graduated from the Gary J. Sbona marketing honors program working for Subaru of America and the Moroccan Free Trade & Investment Council (MATIC). Professor Nance studied abroad at Girton College of Cambridge University in Cambridge, England during her undergraduate career.
Professor Nance worked at the NASA Ames Research Center as the Marketing Communications and Outreach Coordinator for the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program connecting small businesses with NASA.
Her global travels and experiences abroad keeps her engaged in international education where she volunteers her time with Education First (EF) Foundation for Foreign Studies recruiting local families in the San Jose area to host foreign exchange students. In her free time, Professor Nance flies single-engine airplanes out of Reid-Hillview Airport in San Jose.
M.B.A., International Business
American International College
London, England & Bangkok, Thailand
B.S., Marketing with Honors
San Jose State University
Gary J. Sbona Honors Graduate
A.A., Business Administration