Nancy Dinsmore, Associate Professor - Nursing Department
Nancy Dinsmore is a full time associate professor in the Nursing Department. She teaches both mental health and medical/surgical nursing courses. She received her BSN in 1978 and began her practice on a pediatric oncology unit. This lead to an interest in the interplay between health and illness, and mental health, and over a decade of work on an adolescent & young adult medical-psychiatric unit.
Nancy has a love for international travel and has spent almost twenty years out of the US, working as a nursing educator and consultant. Her travels have taken her from the job of a cruise ship nurse, to post earthquake Haiti, Armenia and the Middle East. She has worked on train the trainers programs through the Red Cross/Red Crescent and UNICEF and developed a broad area of expertise. She received her MSN from the University of California, San Francisco and is a Nurse Practitioner.
Outside of work, Nancy loves live music, working in the garden and enjoying the outdoors. During the summertime she works for the Mountain Winery Concert series. Not to forget, spending time with Amira the dog and Panther the cat never fail to bring comic relief at the end of a long day.
- National certifications in Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing (ANCC)
- Wound/Ostomy/Continence care (WOCN), Emory University
- Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing Membership
- Society of Adolescent Medicine, Elected to Membership
- Public Health Nurse Certification
Faculty Roles at Ohlone College
- Member of the StepUp Advisory Board
- Member of the International Education Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Peer Mentor Program
- Psychiatric Nursing Content Expert
Nancy is involved in supporting the homeless community, both single adults and families, in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties through LifeMoves.