Sheldon Helms, Professor - Psychology Department
- PSY-101 General Psychology
- PSY-102 Experimental Psychology
- PSY-112 Social Psychology
- PSY-115 Abnormal Psychology
Assignments and more
Visit Helms - Ohlone Psychology Blog for assignments and additional information for classes.
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Hired in 2001, Sheldon W. Helms is an Professor of Psychology at Ohlone College. He currently teaches General Psychology (PSY-101), and authored three other courses: Abnormal Psychology (PSY-115), Experimental Psychology PSY-102), and Social Psychology (PSY-112).
Helms also serves as Faculty Adviser to the Ohlone College Psychology Club, through which he founded the Psychology Club Speaker Series which hosts professional talks by those involved in science, skepticism, and related fields.
Sheldon is the host of the weekly science and skepticism podcast, ShelShocked, which has thousands of fans worldwide. Each week, he and co-host Marilin Colón cover a different topic in the field of psychology, critical thinking, skepticism, atheism, or a related area, including interviews with well known leaders in the field. ShelShocked is available for free download via iTunes and Stitcher.
- EdD (ABD) - Alliant International University
- MA in Psychology - California State University, Bakersfield
- BA in Psychology - California State University, Bakersfield
- Lifetime Member - Psi Chi National Honor Society
- Faculty Adviser - Ohlone College Psychology Club
- Board of Directors / Education Consultant - Stanford Sleepwell Society
- Vice Chair - Bay Area Skeptics
- Planning Board Member - SkeptiCal Science Conference