Sheldon Helms, Associate Professor - Psychology Department
- PSY-101 General Psychology
- PSY-102 Experimental Psychology
- PSY-112 Social Psychology
- PSY-115 Abnormal Psychology
Assignments and more
Visit Helms - Ohlone Psychology Blog for assignments and additional information for classes.
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may go to the Ohlone College Bookstore website to find the textbook(s), access codes (keys), or supplies for their class(es). Students may be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with your instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Hired in 2001, Sheldon W. Helms is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Ohlone College. He currently teaches General Psychology (PSY-101), and authored three other courses which he teaches exclusively: Abnormal Psychology (PSY-115), Experimental Psychology PSY-102), and Social Psychology (PSY-112).
Helms also serves as Faculty Adviser to the Ohlone College Psychology Club, through which he founded the Psychology Club Speaker Series which hosts professional talks by those involved in science, skepticism, and related fields.
- EdD (ABD) - Alliant International University
- MA in Psychology - California State University, Bakersfield
- BA in Psychology - California State University, Bakersfield
- Faculty Adviser - Ohlone College Psychology Club
- Board of Directors / Education Consultant - Stanford Sleepwell Society
- Board of Directors - Bay Area Skeptics
- Planning Board Member - SkeptiCal Science Conference