This page is currently still undergoing construction.
If you have any available resources you feel should be added
AND/OR if you have a request for a specific resource to be offered at Ohlone College
please reach out to email@example.com
Ohlone College LGBTQ+ Resources
Gender-inclusive restrooms on campus
Gender neutral restrooms at the Fremont and Newark campuses are listed below. They are available for use by anyone.
*Please note - prior to visiting campus please look into where the campus is at in regards to working remotely due to COVID19 safety protocols.
- Fremont campus - locations are marked on Fremont Campus Map
- Building 5, third floor, Room 5300
- Building 19, Room 19-112
- Building 20, Room 20-102 (under first floor stairway)
- Building FP-19 (North side)
- Building FP-25 (East side)
- Hyman Hall, first floor, Room HH-122
- Newark campus - location is marked on Newark Campus Map
- Second floor, Wing 2 (near the Respiratory Therapist Program Lab and the Faculty Copier Room)
Changing your preferred name on Canvas
1. Log into WebAdvisor
2. Under the User Account section, find the link called, "Display Name in Canvas"
3. Click on the "Display Name in Canvas" link, which will open another screen prompting you to enter the name you would like to display in Canvas.
4. Complete the form and click submit.
5. This will only allow you to change your first name.
6. The next day the name you selected will show in Canvas as your display name.
Note: This does not change your name in any other systems.
If you want/need to change your legal name, you must contact the Admissions & Records office.
*This information has been pulled from: https://www.ohlone.edu/display-name-in-canvas
Gender & Sexualiaties Alliance club
GSA Club's purpose is to provide a safe space for persons of various identities.
To find out more about the club follow them on Instagram and/or Facebook
OR reach out to their advisor(s) Kyle Livie & Laurel Richardson
LGBTQ Safe Zone Program
Please reach out to Kyle Livie for more information regarding the LGBTQ+ Safe Zone Program
Social Justice Studies ADT Degree
For more information about Ohlone College's Social Justice Studies ADT please visit:
Mental Health Counseling & Student Health Services
The Ohlone Student Health Center recognizes that mental health is a key element in the academic success of our students. They provide mental health counseling, free of charge, to all enrolled Ohlone students.
For more information regarding Student Health Services please visit: https://www.ohlone.edu/healthcenter
For more information regarding Student Mental Health Services please visit: https://www.ohlone.edu/healthcenter/mental-health-services
Gender & Sexuality Library Resources
Please visit: https://libguides.ohlone.edu/gendersex for Ohlone College's Library resources on Gender & Sexuality.