Plan for your future! Begin taking classes at Ohlone.
Welcome to Ohlone! Your journey to higher education starts here. Whether you want to earn your degree, complete a certificate program, or prepare to transfer, your path begins with enrollment. If you have never attended Ohlone College before, please complete the following six steps for new student enrollment.
Follow these steps to complete the Ohlone College Enrollment Process online.
Step 1: Application
Application Tutorial Here!
Before applying to college you must first have an OpenCCC account. The OpenCCC single sign-in account allows you to access the online services of the California Community Colleges. OpenCCC is a service of the California Community Colleges Chancellors Office. The information in your account is kept private and secure. Apply by visiting OpenCCCApply. *Please make sure that you apply with your legal name, and review your application before submitting it. It is very important to read each question in the application correctly. Any discrepencies may cause a delay in your application being processed.
Student need to sign up for WebAdvisor account once the student ID number is received. A WebAdvisor account is necessary to Register, Add, Drop, Waitlist, and pay for your classes online.
Paper applications are also available here and should be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus in Room 7249 or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus in Room NC1312. All information requested on the application must be provided. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Students should submit official transcripts from all prior institutions and high schools (if graduated from high school within the last five years) to the Office of Admissions and Records on the Fremont campus or the Student Services Center on the Newark campus
Step 2: Scholarship & Aid
7 Steps to Financial Aid at Ohlone College
- Beginning October 1 of each year www.fafsa.ed.gov for the Fall and Spring semesters of the upcoming academic year (which includes Summer term following the Spring semester).
- FILE EARLY! The priority Cal Grant filing date is March 2.
- Ohlone College's school code is 004481.
- A new or renewal FAFSA must be filed every academic year.
- The Financial Aid Office receives FAFSA data from the Department of Education within 1-2 weeks.
- The Financial Aid Office will award the California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors fee waiver) if the student is eligible.
- The Financial Aid Office sends emails to students via Student Ohlone Email requesting any additional necessary documents.
- Submit requested documents to complete financial aid file. These can be faxed or dropped off at the Fremont or Newark campus unless specify in the email. Available Missing Information Documents.
- Documents will be reviewed first-come first-served basis. Corrections are made if necessary. Processing time takes 2-4 weeks or longer during peak period.
- Eligibility will be determined once financial aid file is complete.
- Awarding process: The Financial Aid Office posts the Award Letter on WebAdvisor for eligible students. Students can check Disbursements Dates. The amount of the award may be based on full-time enrollment (12 units); the award will be adjusted if students enroll in less than full time.
- Student who is eligible to receive a refund will receive a notification from Bank Mobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link.
- Student who is not eligible for aid will receive the Financial Aid Ineligibility Status Notice.
The entire process takes 4-6 weeks, but can take much longer for students who apply late and don't follow through in a timely manner.
Step 3: WebAdvisor Account
- Setting up your Web Services accounts will generate your Ohlone student email, WebAdvisor and Canvas usernames.
- If this is your first time attending Ohlone College, you will need to Create Your Ohlone Account.
- If you have already set up your account, you can Manage Your Account here. While maintaining your account, you can change your password or change your security question and answer.
- If you have forgotten your Ohlone Username or Password, please go to Forgot Your Ohlone Username or Password.
Step 4: Student Onboarding and Registration
The Ohlone Onboarding program is designed to provide students with a seamless, interactive, and informative onboarding and orientation. During the Onboarding process students will complete an online Orientation Module and a self guided Math and English Placement Module. For more information regarding the Onboarding process and what it entails, please click here.
Step 5: Payment
When to Pay
Your fees are due at the time of registration. We allow up to five days after registering for you to complete your payment. If payment is not received within that time, you may be dropped for nonpayment.
Pay your fees online by going to My Account in WebAdvisor. You can pay with a credit card, debit card, or from your bank account.
Pay In Person
Pay in person with cash, check or credit card at the Cashier's Office during open window hours. Or, place a check payment in the Cashier Drop Box.
All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and/or have questions answered.
Descriptions for all courses are available in the Ohlone College Catalog. Not all courses are offered each semester or academic year.
The following information is provided for each course:
- Department name and contact information
- Division name
- Course number and course name
- Number of lecture and/or lab hours
- Number of units
- Cross-referenced information, if appropriate
- Prerequisite, Corequisite, and/or Advisory courses
- Whether the course is Accepted for Credit at UC or CSU
- Brief description of the course
- Grading option
- C-ID number
Descriptions for courses offered in a particular semester/term are available in the searchable online Class Schedule (Search for Sections) in WebAdvisor:
- From WebAdvisor's homepage, select Search for Sections
- Select the Term to search (example: 2011 Fall Semester)
- Select at least one other field (example: select a Subject, such as Art or Computer Science or History)
- Select the Submit button
- Each course ID and course name are linked to a course description. Select the course name link to view the course description.
As shown in this screenshot of Section Selection Results for Theatre and Dance classes, the list of sections (courses) includes for each section (course) offered:
- Section Information (course ID and course name with link to course description)
- Meeting Information (dates, time, room)
- Faculty name
- number of Available seats / Capacity in the class / number of students on the Waitlist
- number of Credits
- Comments or additional information
Questions about a Course Description
If you have questions about a course description, please contact the instructor for the course or Dean of the Division in which the course is offered.