Board of Trustees Update
As of the February 8, 2006 Meeting
- Both the SEIU and CSEA tentative contract agreements were approved along with the proposed UFO contract agreement.
- Salary increases were approved for Administrators, Management, Supervisors, and Confidential employees.
- The Board approved the acceptance of the 2nd Quarter 2005-2006 Financial Report and Bond Report.
- A contract with J.A. Townsley Company, Inc., was approved for the removal of asbestos-containing materials from Building 7 which will be conducted after the Spring Semester of 2006.
- The Plan for Reorganization of Student Services Areas was approved.
- Trustee Dan Archer announced his retirement effective May 26, 2006. His last official action of service on the Board will be at the Ohlone College's Commencement ceremony on May 25, 2006. The Board of Trustees will discuss the process for Dan Archer's replacement effective June 1, 2006 at the February 22, 2006 Board meeting.
If you would like to review any of the corresponding documents , please visit the Board of Trustees Documents Index for this meeting.
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
- Enrollment Report - 2/22/06
- Jeff O'Connell's Sabbatical Presentation - 2/22/06
- Board Member Compensation - 2/22/06
- Trustee Dan Archer's Replacement - 2/22/06
- Board Goals Workshop- 3/8/06
- Budget Planning - 3/8/06
- Newark Center Bids - 3/29/06
- Fine and Performing Arts Division Presentation - 3/29/06
- Shared Governance - 3/29/06
- Deaf Studies Division Presentation - 4/26/06
- OCNC Education Plan Update - 5/24/06
- Board Self Evaluation - 5/24/06
- Distance Education - 6/14/06
Date for Next Meetings
- February 22, 2006 - Child Development Center conference room.
- March 8, 2006 - open session is scheduled to begin at 3:00 pm and will take place in the Child Development Center conference room.