Board of Trustees Update
As of the May 24, 2006 Meeting
- The Board was provided with information regarding a proposal from the Fremont Police Department.
- Ralph Kindred, Associate Vice President, Information Technology and Ms. Marilena Tamburello, Educational Technologist, provided the Board with a brief overview of the Distance Education Program and Services review for 05-06.
- Dennis Keller provided the Board with a College Council update.
- Dr. Treadway, Deanna Walston and Trustee Bill McMillin provided an update regarding legislative matters.
- Trustees Bob Brunton and Bill McMillin provided an update regarding their attendance at the Community College League of California's 2006 Annual Trustees Conference.
- The color scheme for the Fremont Ohlone campus face lift was approved.
- A contact with tbd Consultants of San Francisco for the amount of $18,000 for cost estimation services for the Student Support Services Building was approved.
- The Board approved to pursue the modification to both the Newark and Fremont campus Ohlone Master Plan to include a possible baseball field and stadium at the Newark Center.
- The Third Quarter 2005-2006 Financial Report, Bond Report, and related changes were accepted.
- The contract with the Department of Rehabilitation, WorkAbility III Program was renewed.
- The first reading of Strategic Plan Goal Statement 8 took place.
- The Board appointed new members for the Bond Measure A Oversight Committee.
- The Board discussed the process that will be taken for their next Board Self-Evaluation.
If you would like to review any of the corresponding documents , please visit the Board of Trustees Documents Index for this meeting.
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
- June 14, 2006 -
- Tentative Budget
- President's Review
- Public Hearing regarding proposed energy service contract for the construction of a Photovoltaic System to be constructed as the Newark Center
Date for Next Meetings
- June 14, 2006 - 7:00 PM, Child Development Center, Fremont Campus
- July 12, 2006 - 7:00 PM, Newark Unified School District Administration Building
- August 9, 2006 - 7:00 PM, Child Development Center, Fremont Campus