- References: Education Code Sections 76140 et seq.
The Business Officer sets the non-resident tuition fee no later than February 1 of each year. The calculation for international students will be made up of the non-resident fee plus a capital outlay fee. The current fee schedule is published on the College Webpage and in the schedule of classes.
The calculation reflects the current expense of education according to the Budget and Accounting Manual.
Exemptions include Any students, other than non-immigrant aliens under 8 U.S. Code Section 1101(a)(15), who meet the following requirements:
- high school attendance in California for three or more years;
- graduation from a California high school or attainment of the equivalent thereof;
- registration or enrollment in a course offered for any term commencing on or after January 1, 2002;
- completion of a questionnaire form prescribed by the State Chancellor's Office verifying eligibility for this nonresident tuition exemption; and
- in the case of a student without lawful immigration status, the filing of an affidavit that the student has filed an application to legalize his/her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he/she is eligible to do so.
Adopted: November 2013