- Reference: Education Code Sections 72000(d)(3, 81310 et seq., 81365, 81511, 81432; Government Code Sections 53094, 54950 et seq.; Code of Civil Procedure Section 1245.240
- Board Approved: 04/13/05
- Amended: 02/13/08, 03/11/09, 05/13/15
A quorum of the Board shall consist of four (4) members present.
The Board shall act by majority vote of all of the membership of the Board, present and voting, except as noted below.
No action shall be taken by secret ballot. The Board will publicly report any action taken in open session and the vote or abstention of each individual member present.
The following actions require a two-thirds majority of all members of the Board*:
- Resolution of intention to sell or lease real property (except where a unanimous vote is required);
- Resolution of intention to dedicate or convey an easement;
- Resolution authorizing and directing the execution and delivery of a deed;
- Action to declare the District exempt from the approval requirements of a planning commission or other local land use body;
- Appropriation of funds from an undistributed reserve;
- Resolution to condemn real property.
The following actions require a unanimous vote of all members of the Board:
- Resolution authorizing a sale or lease of District real property to the state, any county, city, or to any other school or community college district;
- Resolution authorizing lease of District property under a lease for the production of gas.
Abstentions-instances when board members are present but do not vote - are not to be treated as votes and are not counted. In the case of an abstention, the Board Secretary will record the name of the board member and record that member as "not voting". This will occur whether the vote taken is by voice or roll call.
Once the board reaches a decision, it acts as a whole.
If any Board member participates via teleconference, all votes taken must be by roll call.
*The Student Trustee vote is advisory only.