- References: Education Code Sections 76224 and 76232; Title 5 Section 55025
- Approved: 6/16/10
The President/Superintendent shall implement procedures to assure the accuracy and integrity of all grades awarded by faculty. The procedures shall include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Assurance that in the absence of mistake, bad faith, fraud or incompetence, the grades awarded by faculty shall be final.
- Procedures for students to challenge the correctness of a grade.
- The installation of security measures to protect grade records and grade storage systems from unauthorized access.
- Limitations on access to grade records and grade storage systems.
- Discipline for students or staff who are found to have gained access to grade records without proper authorization or to have changed grades without proper authorization.
- Notice to students, faculty, transfer institutions, accreditation agencies and law enforcement agencies if unauthorized access to grade records and grade storage systems is discovered to have occurred.
See Administrative Procedure #4231.
Also see BP 3310, Records Retention and Destruction and BP/AP 5040, Student Records.