- Reference: Education Code Sections 81641, et seq.; Public Contracts Code Sections 20650, et seq.
- Board Approved: 11/09/05
- Amended: 07/13/11
The Board delegates to the President/Superintendent the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the District and to establish administrative procedures for contract awards and management, subject to the following:
- Contracts are not enforceable obligations until they are ratified by the Board.
- Contracts for work to be done, services to be performed or for goods, equipment or supplies to be furnished or sold to the District that exceed the amounts specified in Public Contracts Code Section 20651 shall require prior approval by the Board.
- When bids are required according to Public Contracts Code Section 20651, the Board shall award each such contract to the lowest responsible bidder who meets the specifications published by the District and who shall give such security as the Board requires, or reject all bids.
- When bids are subject to further requirements in addition to Public Contract Code Section 20651, the Board shall award such contracts as provided for in Education Code Sections 81641, et seq.
If the President/Superintendent concludes that the best interests of the District will be served by pre-qualification of bidders in accordance with Public Contracts Code Section 20651.5, pre-qualification may be conducted in accordance with procedures that provide for a uniform system of rating on the basis of a questionnaire and financial statements.
If the best interests of the District will be served by a contract, lease, requisition or purchase order though any other public corporation or agency in accordance with Public Contracts Code Section 20652, the President/Superintendent is authorized to proceed with a contract.
See Administrative Procedure #6340.