- Reference: 49 C.F.R., Part 40; 49 C.F.R. Part 655; Title 8, Section 3203; 29 C.F.R. 1910.101 et seq.; Health & Safety Code Section 104420
- Board Approved: 11/09/05
- Amended: 09/14/11
The President/Superintendent shall establish administrative procedures to ensure the safety of employees and students on District sites, including the following:
- Compliance with the United States Department of Transportation regulations implementing the Federal Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991. Specifically, the District shall comply with the regulations of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and, if applicable, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Compliance with these policies and procedures may be a condition of employment.
- Establishment of an Injury and Illness Prevention Program in compliance with applicable OSHA regulations and state law. These procedures shall promote an active and aggressive program to reduce and/or control safety and health risks.
- Establishment of a Hazardous Material Communications Program, which shall include review of all chemicals or materials received by the District for hazardous properties, instruction for employees and students on the safe handling of such materials, and proper disposal methods for hazardous materials.
- Prohibition of the use of tobacco in all public buildings.
See Administrative Procedure #6800.