OHLONE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
Minutes of Board Meeting
November 8, 2006 UNADOPTED
Page 1 of 5 Pages
Mr. Nick Nardolillo, President
Mr. Bill McMillin, Vice President
Mr. Bob Brunton, Member
Mr. Dan Archer, Member
Mr. John Weed, Member
Ms. Sahar Yousef, Student Member
Dr. Douglas Treadway, President/Superintendent & Board Secretary
Ms. Deanna Walston, Vice President of Business Services/Deputy Superintendent
Dr. James Wright, Vice President of Instruction/Deputy Superintendent
Ms. Elizabeth Silva
Ms. Susan Myers
Mr. Stewart Dawson
Closed Session Time: 6:45 p.m.
1. (Attachment 1) Conference with Real Property Negotiator (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Conference with and instructions to negotiators and real estate agents regarding the Districts review, consideration, and possible approval of a nonbinding letter of intent with Sobrato Development Company with regard to the lease of certain portions of the Districts surplus real property located on Mission Boulevard in Fremont, California, adjacent to its Ohlone College campus.
No reportable action was taken.
Mr. Nardolillo called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
The roll was called. All were present except for Ms. Foster.
Pledge of Allegiance
Mr. Nardolillo led the pledge of the allegiance.
Approval of Minutes
2. (Attachment 2) Approval of Minutes (October 25, 2006 Board Meeting)
Motion Approved Moved/Archer/Seconded/Brunton/Passed to approve minutes of October 25, 2006. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster (Advisory Vote Aye: Yousef).
Communications from the Public
An opportunity will be given to citizens to address the Board on matters of general district business. A five minute time limit will be allotted to each speaker, unless extended by the Board President. At their request, members of the audience may address the Board of Trustees on any item during the Boards consideration of that item.
Board requested to move agenda item #13 for discussion after the consent agenda and postponed agenda item #19.
Mr. Weed removed himself from the table.
3. (Attachment 3) The Board of Trustees is scheduled to
conduct a Public Hearing this evening at which time the public may discuss and
express itself on the Dedication of an easement to the Alameda County Water
District (ACWD) at the
Mr. Weed returned to the table.
4. (Attachment 4) Recapitulation of Accounts Payable Warrants (October 4, 2006 October 31, 2006)
5. (Attachment 5) Recapitulation of Payroll Warrants (October, 2006)
6. (Attachment 6) Confirmation of Employment Authorized by the President/Superintendent
7. (Attachment 7) Approval of Adjunct Instructors for Fall Semester, 2006 Addendum
8. (Attachment 8) Approval of Column Movement Advancement on the Salary Schedule for Fall, 2006
9. (Attachment 9) Request for 40% Leave Without Pay,
10. (Attachment 10) Request for 21% Leave Without Pay, Fall Semester, 2006; Associate Professor, Math (Messia)
11. (Attachment 11) Approval of Resignation; Accounting Technician (Huang)
12. (Attachment 12) Approval of Resignation; Student Services Assistant (Gutierrez)
14. (Attachment 14) Approval of Retirement; Senior Office Assistant (McFadden)
15. (Attachment 15) Approval of Contract 251-0905-001 Amendment #1 and Addendum #2 with Keith Woods, Inspector of Record for the Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology and the Student Services Building
16. (Attachment 16) Authorization for the Surplus of Personal Property
17. (Attachment 17) Approval of Ohlone College Districts 2007-2008 Scheduled Maintenance Plan
(Attachment 18) Approval of Amendment 7 to tBP
Architectural Services Contract, Project Assignment #2,
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Brunton/Passed to approve consent agenda items 4-12 and 14-18. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster (Advisory Vote Aye: Yousef).
To the Board for Discussion and/or Action
13. (Attachment 13) Approval of Resignation; Clinical Director of Respiratory Therapist Program (Story)
Motion Approved Moved/Brunton/Seconded/McMillin/Passed to approve the resignation of the clinical director of the respiratory therapist program. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster (Advisory Vote Aye: Yousef).
19. (Attachment 19) Consideration of Approval of Nonbinding Letter of Intent for the Lease of District Surplus Real Property
The Board postponed the consideration to approve a nonbinding letter of intent for the lease of District surplus real property.
20. (Attachment 20) Discussion/Approval of an Easement Agreement with Neighboring Property Owners on Witherly Lane
Motion Approved Moved/Brunton/Seconded/Yousef/Passed to approve the Witherly Lane Easement Agreement and direct staff to prepare the necessary resolution and exhibits. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster, Weed; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
21. (Attachment 21) Award of Contract for Mainframe
Hosting, Server Based Computing Service (SBCS), and CSGnet (
Motion Approved Moved/Brunton/Seconded/McMillin/Passed to award a Contract for Mainframe Hosting, Server Based Computing Service (SBCS), and CSGnet (California State Government Network) Services to California Department of Technology Service (DTS) for $258,388 for the remainder of the 2006-2007 academic year. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: Archer; Absent: Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
22. (Attachment 22) Approval of Retirement; Vice President/Deputy Superintendent (Walston)
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Archer/Passed to approve retirement of vice president/deputy superintendent, Deanna Walston. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Weed, Archer; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
23. (Attachment 23) Approval of Measure A Bond Project #1-OCNC Budget Increase-Contingency
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Weed/Passed to approve a budget increase to the Contingency line item in the OCNC budget in the amount of $3,000,000, bringing the total project budget to $110,536,687. Funds are to be provided from Measure A bond interest. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
24. (Attachment 24) Acceptance of First Quarter 2006-2007 Financial Report and Bond Report and Acceptance of Related Budget Changes
Motion Approved Moved/Weed/Seconded/Brunton/Passed to accept the first quarter 2006-2007 financial report and bond report and related budget changes. A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer, Weed; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
Mr. Weed excused himself from the table.
25. (Attachment 25) Approval of Resolution 5/06-07 - - Dedication of Easement to Alameda County Water District
Motion Approved Moved/McMillin/Seconded/Archer/Passed to approve Resolution 5/06-07 Dedication of Easement to the Alameda County Water District (ACWD). A roll call vote was taken: Ayes: Nardolillo, McMillin, Brunton, Archer; Noes: 0; Abstain: 0; Absent: Foster, Weed; (Advisory Vote - Aye: Yousef).
Mr. Weed returned to the table.
26. (Attachment 26) Discussion of Proposition 1D Bond Funds; if Passed on November 7, 2006
Discussion item only.
To the Board for Information Only
27. (Attachment 27) Bond Project Update
Information item only.
Reports and Announcements
Agenda Items for Future Meetings
Adjournment Time: 9:55 p.m.