The Student Services Center at Ohlone College's Fremont campus received LEED Gold Certification. View photographs of Student Services Center construction progress!
About the SSC
The Student Services Center (SSC) was designed to consolidate the Student Services programs into one facility - a "one-stop shop" where students can get assistance with registration, financial aid, health care, and other student services. In addition, the SSC was designed to:
- Improve pedestrian accessibility on the Ohlone College Fremont Campus
- Connect the Student Services programs with the Deaf Studies/Special Services programs - uniting services with resources
- Complement and harmonize with the architectural style of the existing Ohlone College Fremont Campus buildings
- Achieve LEED Certification
- Be completed June 15, 2009
The SSC is located on the south side of the Fremont Campus (replacing the original Building 7) and constitutes approximately 45,000 gross square feet. Construction of the SSC began in May 2007, completion was completed June 2009. The building was fully operational by the Fall 2009 semester.
Student Services Center, August 2008 (select image to view enlarged photo) Photos courtesy of Stegeman and Kastner, Inc.
Architect's drawing of new Student Services Center.
Programs and Departments
The following Student Services programs and departments are located in the new SSC:
- Admissions and Records
- Assessment Center
- Associated Students of Ohlone College (ASOC)
- Campus Activities
- Career Services
- Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Financial Aid
- International Programs & Services
- Student Health Center
- Transfer Center
- Workability III
- November 2005 drawings from tBP Archictects