Effective with the 2019-2020 Academic Year, students will no longer be able to pursue the following programs of study:
- Broadcasting: Associate in Arts
- Broadcasting: Certificate of Achievement
- Broadcasting: Radio Air Talent: Certificate of Accomplishment
- Broadcasting: Radio Studio Operations: Certificate of Accomplishment
- Journalism: Associate in Arts for Transfer
- Journalism: Certificate of Achievement
The College will be following up with students who are currently pursuing these programs to ensure that courses are offered to allow them to complete.
Note that the following programs continue to be offered, and you may want to consider one of them if you are interested in media.
- Broadcasting: Radio Digital Production: Certificate of Accomplishment
- Broadcasting: Radio Program Management: Certificate of Accomplishment
- Broadcasting: Advanced Film and Video: Certificate of Achievement
- Broadcasting: Digital Video and Editing: Certificate of Achievement
- Film, Television, and Electronic Media: Associate in Science for Transfer
If you have any questions about programs in broadcasting or journalism, please contact the Dean overseeing these programs, Mark Lieu, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.659.6276.
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.