Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- BSM-101 Fundamentals of Supervision
- BSM-102 Interpersonal Relations in the Workplace
- BSM-103 Management of Human Resources
- BSM-105 Operations Management
- BSM-106 Communication for Supervisors
- BSM-108 Leadership in Organizations
- BSM-110A Communications in the Workplace
- BSM-110B Writing Skills for Managers
- BSM-110C Attitude in the Workplace
- BSM-110D Decision Making and Problem Solving
- BSM-110E Managing Organizational Change
- BSM-110F Stress Management
- BSM-110G Team Building
- BSM-110H Time Management
- BSM-110I Conflict Resolution
- BSM-110J Values and Ethics
- BSM-110K Customer Service
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Business Supervision Management AA Degree
- Identify the challenges and opportunities which define the job of being a leader, manager, or supervisor in today's high-tech global economy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the latest Project Management technology tools.
- Evaluate skills set needed for being a successful leader, manager, or supervisor in the 21st century.