Career and Major Exploration
Steps for Success:
- Check out the great resources on the Career and Major Exploration page to do some self-exploration and career research.
- Explore: Self-Assessment
- Evaluate: Learn about Options
- Education: Transfer
- Experience: Internship/ Job Search
- Consider taking a Career/Major Exploration and Personal Development Course such as: PD-150 Career & Life Planning.
- Attend a workshop on How to Choose Your Major offered monthly during the academic year, view upcoming workshops on the Transfer Center Calendar
- Make an appointment with a Counselor at the Fremont or Newark campuses to get started on your career and major exploration process.
- Counselors can provide career information and assessments, discuss with you how your education can prepare you for different careers, and help you make decisions about your personal education and career path!
- Just ask to make a Career Counseling appointment: 510-659-6110
- Take your next steps toward finding a job or internship by visiting the Ohlone College Tri-Cities Career Center
Many students at Ohlone College find their path by doing a variety of things: some personal assessment and career/ major exploration online, meeting with a counselor, taking a career exploration class, and exploring through experiential learning. However you choose to do it, taking the steps to understand your interests, values, and strengths in order to help you identify a course of study and occupations that fits YOU takes time and effort, but it is worth it! Whether you are trying to choose a major, research career paths, or find out the educational requirements needed to pursue your dream job, we can help you throughout the entire process!
For comprehensive career and employment services, please contact the Ohlone College Tri-Cities Career Center located at the Ohlone College Newark Center.
The Career Center is devoted to the success of our students and alumni. We offer a number of services and resources to assist your transition into the workforce. Including Self-Directed, Group, and Individualized Services.