Interested? Want to know more?
If you are interested in learning more about these certificates or the Transfer AA Degree in Communication Studies, please contact:
- Brenda Ahntholz, Room FP-18, Fremont campus, (510) 979-7934
- Teresa Massimo, Room NC2114, second floor, Wing 1, Newark campus, (510) 742-2382
- Larissa Favela, Room FP-22-102, Fremont campus, (510) 659-6226
- Shelly Spratt, Room FP-22-102, Fremont campus, (510) 659-6019
Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degrees
Did You Know…?
In 2015-2016 California Community Colleges awarded 30,847 associate degrees for transfer (ADTs). These degrees guarantee admission to the CSU. Source: Community College League of California.
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Business Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Communication Studies Certificate of Accomplishment
- Forensics Certificate of Accomplishment
- Gender and Women's Studies Certificate of Accomplishment
- Health Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Intercultural Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Interpersonal Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Leadership Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Mass Communication Certificate of Accomplishment
- Oral Interpretation Certificate of Accomplishment
To qualify for a Communication Studies Certificate, students must earn a "B" grade or better in each of the required courses, and all courses must be taken at Ohlone College. Completed courses can be applied to multiple certificates. To apply for certificates, please complete the Application for Communication Studies Certificate (PDF). Application deadline for Fall semester is January 1 and the Spring semester is June 1 and must be turned in to Brenda Ahntholz' mailbox in the Mail Room, Fremont campus.
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.