December 20- December 24 Appointment Update
There will be no scheduled appointments during the week of 12/20-12/24. We will have limited drop-in options. We will open our scheduling for our final appointments for 2021(for the week of 12/13-12/17) on 12/6. Appointments are first-come, first-served. Thank you for your patience.
Limited In-Person Counseling appointments are available. Please call Counseling to schedule an in-person appointment.
Social Science Majors: CLICK HERE.
Topics requiring a 30-minute appointment:
- One Semester Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Transfer Progress Questions/Review
- Career/Major Exploration
- Degree/Certificate completion evaluation
- Academic Standing: Probation
- Student Petitions
- Personal Concerns
To schedule a 30 minute appointment, click here:
Topics requiring a 60-minute appointment:
- In-Person Appointment (at our Fremont or Newark Campus)
- Comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Transcript Evaluations (please bring any past academic records such as previous college transcripts and/or AP test scores)
- Academic Reinstatement (Academic Standing: dismissal)
To schedule a 60 minute appointment, contact counseling directly at 510-659-6110, or click here:
It is recommended that you schedule your appointment with an interest area counselor, prior to selecting an appointment, click below to view the assigned counselor:
USE THE DROP-IN WAITLIST FOR:
- Same day (more urgent) items requiring 15-minutes or less:
- Clearing a Prerequisite(s)
- Placement Questions
- First Semester Course Selection (Initial SEP)
- Review One Semester of Enrolled Courses
- Overload Requests
- Personal Concerns
FOR ASSISTANCE ADDING YOUR NAME TO DROP-IN WAITLIST:
Call the Counseling Department:
USE EMAIL E-COUNSELING FOR:
- All non-urgent counseling related questions
- Emailing questions directly to a counselor
Please note: Full Student Education Plans (SEPs) and transcript evaluations require you to schedule a 30-minute appointment.
Virtual Zoom meeting links will be sent to your Ohlone Email! Please monitor your Ohlone student email for instructions on how to access your scheduled counseling appointment at the date and time of your session.
ADDITIONAL SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Appointments are scheduled one week in advance on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are not able to find an appointment for next week, please check back early next week to schedule an appointment for the week after. Appointments are typically 30 minutes, and are appropriate for longer issues such as Student Education Plans, graduation and/or transfer evaluation, General Education certification, career exploration, and choosing a major.
Please check your Ohlone student email for instructions on how to access your scheduled counseling appointment.
Please notify us 24 Hours in advance if you need to cancel an appointment by calling (510) 659-6110
INFORMATION FOR SPECIAL PROGRAMS
Need help with choosing a Major?:
Whether you are trying to choose a major, research career paths, look for an internship, or find the educational requirements needed to pursue your dream job, there are multiple tools available to you. Below are a few of those resources for your career exploration. Once you have had a chance to look into these tools we recommend you make a follow-up appointment with a counselor, we are here to support you!
Steps for Success:
- Check out the great resources on the Career and Major Exploration page to do some self-exploration and career research
- Consider taking a Career/Major Exploration and Personal Development Course such as: PD-150 Career & Life Planning
- Attend a workshop on How to Choose Your Major offered monthly during the academic year, view upcoming workshops on the Transfer Center Calendar or sign up using eSARS.
- Take your next steps toward finding a job or internship by visiting the Ohlone College Tri-Cities Career Center
- Make an appointment with a Counselor to get started on your career and major exploration process
- Counselors can provide career information and assessments, discuss with you how your education can prepare you for different careers, and help you make decisions about your personal education and career path!
- Make a Career Counseling appointment by calling: 510-659-6110
Ohlone College Tri-Cities Career Center
For comprehensive career and employment services, please contact the Ohlone College Tri-Cities Career Center located at the Ohlone College Newark Center.
The Career Center is devoted to the success of our students and alumni. The Tri-Cities Career Center offers a number of services and resources to assist your transition into the workforce.
TRANSFER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Students interested in transferring can meet with a general counselor by scheduled appointments using the link above. You may also connect with the Transfer Center by visiting their website.
STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES (SAS) APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Students that qualify and are approved for services can meet with an SAS Counselor. For more information on the SAS process, please visit their website.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS (EOPS/PUENTE/UMOJA) APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Students in special programs may have their own assigned counselors. Please visit your programs website or contact the support staff for more information. Students can also meet with a general counselor (scheduled appointment) by using the link above.