Admissions Information for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students


Deaf and Hard of Hearing students should follow the admissions procedures outlined below. If you are an International Deaf Student, go to International Deaf Students.

For New Students at Ohlone College

Group of 3 students.


Complete the online application.


You can also download the Application for Admission (PDF). After you fill it out, give it to the Admissions and Records Office on the second floor of Student Services Building, Building 7, Fremont campus.

Ohlone Student ID Number

You will get your 7-digit Student ID Number through email from Ohlone College in 1-3 business days.

If 3 days has passed and you have not gotten your Student ID Number, please call the Office of Admissions and Records at (510) 659-6100.


Go to WebAdvisor to set up a student account, then click on "Sign up for WebAdvisor access (It's FREE!)".

WebAdvisor allows you to register, add, drop, waitlist, and pay for classes online. Go to How to Access and Use WebAdvisor for more information.

Placement Tests (First Appointment)

You will need to take placement tests for English, Reading, and Math to help us decide which classes will fit you the best. Send an email to Nan Zhou at, Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales at, or Ann Burdett at to make an appointment first.

You must have an Ohlone Student ID Number for placement tests.

Important: Please use the study guides before taking the test! When you feel you are ready to take the tests, please send one of us an email to set up an appointment.

It is important to take the placement tests if you plan any of the following:

  • To obtain a certificate/degree from Ohlone College.
  • To take an English or Math course at any time.
  • To take courses which have English and reading prerequisite.
  • To apply for financial aid without a high school diploma or equivalent.

For more information, you can go to the Ohlone College Placement Testing Center website.


It is required that you bring a copy of your audiogram to Nan Zhou or Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales before you can use our services. Make sure to bring a copy of your audiogram to your appointment.

Register for Classes (Second Appointment)

After you have finished the steps above, then you can make an appointment with Nan Zhou or Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales to register for classes and to complete all required forms.

New Student Orientation

You will be required to show up for New Student Orientation. You will get an email from Nan or Stefanie with a date and time for the Orientation.


If you have any questions, please send an email to:

For Continuing Students

Continuing students must update their Student Educational Contract every semester.

  • Send an email to your counselor: Nan Zhou at or Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales at to make an appointment.

  • During the appointment, you will complete the Student Educational Contract.

  • For students needing accommodations for mainstream courses, you must also complete the Interpreting Services Accommodations Request.

For Former Students

Former students are those that have not attended Ohlone College during the previous semester (not including the Summer Term).


Go to WebAdvisor. Select "student" and update your Student Profile. If you need to recover your username, please refer to the WebAdvisor homepage and click on the link "If I Forgot My WebAdvisor Password." If you did/do not have a WebAdvisor account, create one by clicking on the link "Sign up for WebAdvisor Access."


If you previously attended Ohlone as a high school student, you will need to re-apply so that your information can be updated. Follow the instructions for New Students above.


Make an appointment to see your counselor Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales or Nan Zhou. You are required to bring a copy of your audiogram to your appointment. At this appointment, you will complete the necessary forms before you can register for classes.

New Student Orientation

All new and former students are encouraged to show up for New Student Orientation. You will get an email from Nan or Stefanie with a date and time for the Orientation.

For High School Students

If you are a Deaf or Hard of Hearing High School Senior getting ready for college for the first time, you will be following the New Student instructions.

If you are a Deaf or Hard of Hearing High School student who wants to take classes at Ohlone while you are still in high school, read the instructions found on the Ohlone College website for K-12 Special Admission. You must also make an appointment to see counselor Stefanie Ellis-Gonzales or Nan Zhou.


Ohlone College Bookstore website.

Any and all fees are subject to review and change at any time without notice by the administration of the Ohlone Community College District for reasons, at the discretion of the District and the State of California.

Some or all fees may not apply if you are a recipient of benefits under the Aid of Families with Dependent Children Program, the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) /State Supplemental Program, or the General Assistance Program. Contact the Financial Aid Office for information. Clients of the Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) should contact their DOR counselor.

Skip plugin notice.

Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".