How to Apply
Make sure that you are eligible to apply. Eligibility information can be found in the Eligibility tab on the left.
- Complete the online Application Form. Applications are due by May 15 for the following academic year.
- Obtain proof of completion for all prerequisites.
- Please note that required prerequisites must be completed before beginning the program, but may still be in progress at the time of application. Admission will be granted pending a passing grade in the prerequisite coursework.
Send unofficial transcripts and other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to IPP Coordinator, Ohlone College, 43600 Mission Blvd, Fremont CA, 94539.
- Use this naming format for transcripts:
- Use this naming format for other supplemental documents:
- PDF or Word documents are acceptable
The application asks for 3 references. Your references will need to fill out an online form to recommend you as an applicant. Please give this link to your references: https://goo.gl/forms/l75Ww6AwV15ETjX13
Qualified applicants will be contacted via the email and/or phone numbers listed on the application.
Checklist of Materials Needed Prior to Completing the Application
- Unofficial copy of college/university transcripts (including Ohlone College if applicable).
You will complete an online application form, which includes the following:
- Personal contact information
- Letter of interest in English and ASL
- Prepare brief statement describing your interest in the program, the qualities you have that would make you an effective interpreter, and your reasons for wanting to become an ASL/English interpreter.
- The English statement should be in clear written English, 500 words or less. The ASL version should be equivalent and should be produced in clear, professional/academic ASL.
- Educational background
- 3 references, at least one of whom is Deaf