These workshops and events are open only to Ohlone College employees, unless otherwise noted in the description.
"Hiring the Best While Developing Diversity in the Workforce"
Current title 5 regulations require all members of district screening and/or selection committees to receive training in title 5 equal employment opportunity requirements. This interactive session meets this requirement and covers state and federal discrimination and title 5 requirements.
Participants will learn:
- Underlying federal/state anti-discrimination laws
- EEO regulations
- The educational benefits of workforce diversity
- The elimination of bias in hiring decisions
- Best practices in serving on a selection or screening committee
- Offered annually during the Spring Learning College Week.
Facilitator: Laura Schulkind, Partner Liebert/Cassidy/Whitmore Law Firm.
A list of previous workshops are available in the Archive of Diversity Workshops and Events.