Information for Parents
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) governs all college records and allows release of academic information, including grades, to the student only, regardless of age. Academic information cannot be released to parents or third parties without written consent from the student.
- College courses are for credit and will remain on the student's permanent record even if the secondary school uses the coursework as high school credit.
- All prerequisite coursework and required assessment testing must be completed prior to enrollment.
- Coursework contains college-level content, which may include mature material.
- The Ohlone Community College District is authorized to evacuate students in case of emergency.
- Students must be in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 at time of enrollment.
- The student is responsible for being aware of all college policies and procedures, dates, deadlines and for taking all necessary action before such deadlines pass.