Spring 2022 eCampus Office Hours
We’re here to help! You'll find the most up to date schedule for weekly office hours in the current version of This Week on the Ohlone eCampus.
The Office Hour link for all sessions is the same. Consider bookmarking it so you don't have to scramble to find it. Hope to see you soon.
|Sunday, January 23||1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Monday, January 24||7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.|
|Monday, January 24||12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, January 25||7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday, January 26||4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, January 27||4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday, January 28||7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.|
If the scheduled hours don't work for you and your schedule, please complete a Canvas Support for Faculty ticket and we’ll set up a one-on-one appointment. No question or issue is too big or too small.
Learning College Week Spring 2022
Learning College Week January 18 – 22, 2022
Don’t miss out on all of the amazing Learning College Week sessions. There is something for everyone! Check out the Spring 2022 Master Calendar for all session descriptions and links to the sessions. Alternatively, you’ll find the daily schedule along with session resources in the Learning College Week Canvas shell. Anyone with an Ohlone.edu email address should be able to access the course. Let Jackie know if you encounter any problems or if you would like to be added to the shell so it can appear on your Canvas desktop.
Trainings to Explore on Your Own
Equitable Online Teaching – Free Online Workshop Series
The California Virtual Campus Online Network of Educators (CVC-@ONE) are planning a new series of engaging virtual courses to encourage faculty to adjust their instructional practices to focus on and celebrate the diversity of our student body. This four-week facilitated online course will address asset-based teaching and provide an opportunity to critically evaluate how you grade your students. You may attend one or all the sessions. Registration is required but it is free.
- Ungrading for Learning & Equity --> Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 10:00 - 11:15am - Interactive workshop with Susan D. Blum. Register Now for Ungrading for Learning & Equity
- Meeting Students' Diverse Needs: Universal Design for Learning --> Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 11:00am - 12:00pm - Helen Graves introduces a framework for thinking about teaching and learning. Register Now for Meeting Students' Diverse Needs: Universal Design For Learning
- Amplifying Student Stories as an Equity-Minded Practice --> Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 1:00 - 2:15pm - with Maritez Apigo and Denise Maduli-Williams. Register Now for Amplifying Student Stories as an Equity-Minded Practice
- Get the 'F' Outta Here: Challenging the Oppressive Status Quo by Equitizing Our Grading Practices --> Friday, March 4, 2022, 10:30am - 12:00pm - with Bri Brown, Dave Dillon, and Fabiola Torres. Register Now for Get the 'F' Outta Here: Challenging the Oppressive Status Quo by Equitizing Our Grading Practices.
- Simple Teaching Strategies for Fun, Community-Rich Zoom Classes --> Wednesday, March 9, 2022 1:00 - 2:15pm - with Jason Kalchik. Register Now for Simple Teaching Strategies for Fun, Community-Rich Zoom Classes.
More free sessions from California Virtual Campus (CVC)...
January 19, 2022, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST: Collaborative Group Work in Online English Courses: A Strategy for Corequisite Support. Join our team of English instructors as they share effective forms of student-to-student interaction including their strategies and philosophies for creating more collaborative experiences, teaching students about shared responsibilities, working in different types of groups, and helping each other. Get inspired and excited for incorporating new strategies this upcoming semester! Register for Collaborative Group Work
There are many other courses that may interest you on @ONE’s Course List page.
|Humanizing Remote Instruction in Support of Equity||https://youtu.be/aBD7I3Byxa4?t=93|
|Pages vs. PDFs: The Simple Way to Cure Accessibility Headaches||https://youtu.be/08iJbvvBVDM|
|How Rubrics Can Inspire Your Students’ Best Work||https://youtu.be/tsCMBHXWrwY|
|Byte-Sized Canvas - Making Your Tables Accessible||Watch video|
|Using Modules to Build a Course||Watch video|
|Canvas Quizzes and Quiz Banks||Watch video|
|Setting Up Your Homepage in Canvas||Watch video|
|Introduction to Teaching with Canvas - Oct 4 - Oct 31 - facilitated||Free Registration|
|Introduction to Teaching with Canvas - Nov 1 - Dec. 5 - facilitated||Free Registration|
|Introduction to Teaching with Canvas - Nov 15 - Dec. 12 - facilitated||Free Registration|
|@ONE Self-Paced Canvas Accessibility Course||Canvas Accessibility (Self-Paced) - Accessibility Essentials (onlinenetworkofeducators.org)|
|@ONE Self-Paced Introduction to Teaching with Canvas||Introduction to Teaching with Canvas (Self-Paced) - OEI Self-Paced Courses (onlinenetworkofeducators.org)|
|@ONE Self-Paced Making PDFs Accessible||PDF Accessibility (Self-Paced) - Accessibility Essentials (onlinenetworkofeducators.org)|
|@ONE Five Day Challenge - Organizing your Course||5-Day Challenge: Organizing Your Canvas Course (Self-Paced) - OEI Self-Paced Courses (onlinenetworkofeducators.org)|
|@ONE Five Day Challenge - Creating Accessible Canvas Content||5-Day Challenge: Creating Accessible Canvas Content (Self-Paced) - OEI Self-Paced Courses (onlinenetworkofeducators.org)|
|Peralta Equity Training - Canvas Commons Course||Online Equity Training - Template - Fall 2019 | Canvas Commons (instructure.com)|
For more information and/or help contact firstname.lastname@example.org