The Application Period for the Registered Nursing Program is January 15 through March 1 for the following Fall and Spring semesters. See the Annual Academic Application Cycle.
The following must be completed before applying o the Registered Nursing Program with a grade of C or better. No In-Progress Grade will be accepted. A grade of C- or below will not be accepted in any course. Online or distance education science lab courses are not accepted.
BIOL-103A (Human Anatomy and Physiology) or equivalent within the last 7 years
BIOL-103B (Human Anatomy and Physiology) or equivalent within the last 7 years
BIOL-106 (Microbiology) or equivalent within the last 7 years
CFS-109 (Nutrition) or equivalent
PSY-108 (Developmental Psychology) or equivalent
COMM-111 Public Speaking (formerly SPCH-101) or COMM-113 Interpersonal Communication (formerly SPCH-103)
- ATI TEAS score of 62% or higher. Only 1 attempt allowed.
(*Refer to the articulation grid for a list of equivalent courses (PDF). Courses not listed in the grid should be evaluated for equivalency by an Ohlone College counselor).
Ohlone College Associate Degree General Education Required Courses
Ohlone Nursing Prerequisite coursework fulfill most areas of the General Education breadth requirements for an AS degree in Registered Nursing.
There are two areas that are not covered by nursing prerequisite coursework:
- AREA III: Fine Arts/Humanities (must complete 3 semester units from Fine Art or Humanities)
- AREA V: Physical Education/Wellness (must complete two PE activities or one wellness course)
See the current Ohlone Catalog: Ohlone College General Education: Plan A for a list of courses that will satisfy the two areas listed above.
* Applicants with a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution may be able to waive the General Education courses listed above. See a counselor to determine if this applies to your situation.
* Additionally, Ohlone College has a reciprocity agreement with 9 local community colleges to accept the General Education of these colleges as completed. The participating colleges are Chabot, De Anza, Evergreen Valley, Foothill, Gavilan, Las Positas, Mission, San Jose City and West Valley. Students who obtain a certification of completion of Associate Degree General Education or who complete an associate degree at any one of the participating colleges will have both their General Education coursework and graduation proficiencies accepted as completed at any of the participating colleges. No additional general education course work will be required if the certification is officially presented. Students will still be required to complete all courses or prerequisites needed for a major.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".