New Salvia and Native Plant Garden
At Ohlone College's Newark campus, ambassador level Girl Scout Kristen Berling has designed and installed a salvia garden for her Gold Award service project. The garden features approximately 30 different varieties of salvias from all over the world, including twelve from California. Learn more about the Salvia Garden at Ohlone's Newark campus.
Carl Sagan once asked, "Who will speak for Earth?"
Ohlone College is a registered provider of the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Entry Level Exam.
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Environmental Stewardship Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Geography: Cultural Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Geography: Physical Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Natural Resource Conservation and Management (PDF)
- Sustainable Development Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
- Grant: LEAF, Kaiser, Ohlone College (Environmental Studies Department, Avanzando, Puente Program), November 2013. Basic goal - Inspire residents of Fremont, including ethnic minorities, to eat healthy by providing space to grow produce locally and helping them learn the fine points of successfully growing various plants, facilitate cross-cultural learning about healthy eating in other cultures, and build cross-cultural community. The Department of Environmental Studies, Avanzando, Puente Program has spent this semester prepping, planting, and cultivating various plants - corn, zucchini, beans, garlic, lettuce, giving students learning opportunities, as well as encouraging team builder and collaborative learning.
- Ohlone College completes HERO Grant, June 2013 - Ohlone College has completed a three-year Home Energy Retrofit Occupations (HERO) grant funded by the Community Based Job Training Act as implemented by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. The HERO population served dislocated and unemployed workiers, incumbent workers and returning veterans. The HERO program aimed to fulfill the need for training workforce in the home performance industry, improve both local and regional economic development and sustain and grow current and future program activities. Ohlone College offered nine courses serving 148 participants.
Related Information at Ohlone
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".