The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs) program at Ohlone College encourages personal responsibility and accountability. It is committed to helping individuals receive an education and instruction that will provide employment opportunities. CalWORKs promotes short-term training, as well as life-long learning. The ultimate goal of the program is to assist CalWORKs students with vocational and educational training programs, which will lead to self sufficiency. The CalWORKs program at Ohlone has been developed in partnership with the Alameda County Department of Social Services.
Download the Ohlone College CalWORKs Portraits of Success 2013 (PDF, 2.5 MB) or view the online flipbook.
- Academic Advising Services assists students with the development of a County-approved educational plan.
- Career Advising Services helps students choose from a wide range of career choices.
- Welfare-to-Work Support Services provides students with assistance, guidance and support through the Welfare-to-Work transition.
- Childcare Services assists students with childcare referrals and with childcare services.
- Career Services assists students with resume writing, internet job search, interview techniques and job placement, both on and off campus.
For more information, please call (510) 659-6152 or visit the CalWORKs in the EOPS office in Room 7249, Building 7, second floor, Fremont campus.
Not available online at this time.
Additional CalWORKs Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about CalWORKs
- CalWORKs Contract (PDF)
- CalWORKs Contact Information Update Form (PDF)
- Verification of Eligibility for CARE and CalWORKs (PDF)
- Enrollment Process for CalWORKs students (PDF)
- CalWORKs Student Information Sheet (PDF)
- CalWORKs Handbook (PDF)
- CalWORKs Consent to Release Information Form (PDF)
- CalWORKs Child Care Request Form (PDF)
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".