Register for CSAC's CASH FOR COLLEGE Webinar 
CSAC-Cash for College logoJoin the webinar to learn everything you need to know about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the California Dream Act Application (CADAA).


What is California Dream Act?

The California Dream Act allows undocumented/DACA students who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, California College Promise Grant (formerly known as fee waiver), and Cal Grants.

Below are programs available for undocumented/Dreamer students at Ohlone College:

Visit California Student Aid Commission for more information

How to apply for California Dream Act financial aid?

Apply online at

Deadline for Cal Grant:

  1. Complete CA Dream Act Application by March 2 each year.
  2. Certified GPA must be submitted to the Student Aid Commission by March 2 (visit Cal Grant programs for GPA submission process)

Application is available on October 1 each year. Be sure to fill out the correct year application

For 2021-2022 Academic Year (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022): fill out 2021-2022 CA Dream Act Application
For 2022-2023 Academic Year (Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023): fill out 2022-2023 CA Dream Act Application

Ohlone School Code is: 004481.

What is an AB 540 student?

You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following requirements

  1. Satisfaction of either of the followings:
    1. attended CA high school for three or more years
    2. attended a combination of California high school, adult school, and California Community College for the equivalent of three years or more, or
    3. attained credits from CA high school equivalent to three or more years of high school course work and attended a combination of elementary schools, middle and/or high schools in California for a total of three or more years
  2. Graduated or will graduate (before the first term of enrollment at CCC) from a California high school with a high school diploma or the equivalent (for example, passing the GED or California High School Proficiency exam), or
        A. received or will receive an Associate's Degree from a California community college, or 
        B. fulfilled or will fulfill the minimum requirements at a CCC for transfer to the California State University or the University of California
  3. Will register or enroll in an accredited and qualifying California college or university.
  4. Complete an AB540-affidavit (PDF) saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.
  5. Do not hold a valid non-immigrant visa (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, TN, TD, V, TROV, NATO)**

**If you have Temporary Protected Status or hold a U Visa you may be eligible for the California Dream Act.

Privately Funded Institutional Scholarships

Beginning February 1, the Ohlone College Foundation has scholarships available which help pay for education-related expenses. Visit Ohlone Foundation Scholarship web site for Ohlone College Foundation scholarships.

Students can find more information on scholarships at the following sites: