7 Steps to Financial Aid at Ohlone College
- Beginning October 1 of each year www.fafsa.ed.gov for the Fall and Spring semesters of the upcoming academic year (which includes Summer term following the Spring semester).
- FILE EARLY! The priority Cal Grant filing date is March 2.
- Ohlone College's school code is 004481.
- A new or renewal FAFSA must be filed every academic year.
- The Financial Aid Office receives FAFSA data from the Department of Education within 1-2 weeks.
- The Financial Aid Office will award the California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors fee waiver) if the student is eligible.
- The Financial Aid Office sends emails to students via Student Ohlone Email requesting any additional necessary documents.
- Submit requested documents to complete financial aid file. These can be faxed or dropped off at the Fremont or Newark campus unless specify in the email. Available Missing Information Documents.
- Documents will be reviewed first-come first-served basis. Corrections are made if necessary. During peak period, processing time can take up to 5 weeks.
- Eligibility will be determined once financial aid file is complete.
- Awarding process: The Financial Aid Office posts the Award Letter on WebAdvisor. Students can check Disbursements Dates. The amount of the award may be based on full-time enrollment (12 units); the award will be adjusted if students enroll in less than full time.
- Student who is eligible to receive a refund will receive Bank Mobile Authorization Code via mail with instructions to activate the account and choose payment reference.
- Student who is not eligible for aid will receive the Financial Aid Ineligibility Status Notice.
The entire process takes 2-4 weeks, but can take much longer for students who apply late and don't follow through in a timely manner.