The California College Promise Free Tuition and Book Grant Program is available for first-time, full-time students for the first year of their academic program. The California College Promise Free Tuition Program covers the enrollment fees and mandatory fees for the fall and spring semesters for up to 30 credits ($1440); and $250/semester for Book Grant.
- Student must be a graduate of an Ohlone District high school
- Student must be a California resident or AB540 eligible
- Student must be attending Ohlone College for the first time at the undergraduate level (this includes students who entered with advanced standing/college credits earned before graduating from high school)
- Student must have an identified degree or certificate major
- Student must enroll in 12 credits or more and must complete 12 credits or more with a CGPA of 2.000 to stay in the program in Spring semester.
- Student must complete a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application
To be considered for the Ohlone College Promise Free Tuition and Book Grant Program students can obtain an application from the Fremont or Newark Financial Aid office
Ohlone College offers a limited Emergency Short-Term Loan (STL) Program that may allow students having financial difficulties to apply for funds up to $300 per semester. This loan must be repaid to Ohlone College within 60 days or by the end of the semester, whichever comes first. If the loan is not repaid on time, a "HOLD" will be placed on the student's records, and the account will be referred to an agency for collection. Any recovery fees will be charged to the borrower.
- The student must be enrolled for at least six units.
- Returning students must have completed their previous semester at Ohlone College with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must be Pell Grant or Direct Loan eligible.
The Ohlone College Foundation provides grant, scholarship, and loan monies to eligible students. Through its fund raising efforts and individual donations, the Foundation provides funds for awards such as:
- Semester Abroad Scholarships
- Honor Society Scholarships
- Art League European Trip Scholarships
- Valedictorian Scholarships
- Associated Students of Ohlone College Scholarships
- and Drama Department Scholarships
In addition, the Foundation funds the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Matching Grant Program, and the Nursing Book Grant Program.