Ohlone College offers foreign language courses for these languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, and Spanish.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- ARBC-101A/B Elementary Arabic
- CHIN-101A/B Elementary Mandarin Chinese
- CHIN-102A/B Intermediate Mandarin Chinese
- CHIN-131/132 Business Chinese
- FREN-101A/B Elementary French
- FREN-102A/B Intermediate French
- JPNS-101A/B Elementary Japanese
- JPNS-102A Intermediate Japanese
- SPAN-101A/B Elementary Spanish
- SPAN-102A/B Intermediate Spanish
- SPAN-121A/B Beginning Conversational Spanish
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Spanish AA for Transfer
- Demonstrate practical fluency through basic object identification, response to questions, and dialog prompts; and second-year ACTFL-level conversations in paired and group discussions.
- Demonstrate higher level grammar constructs through debate and advanced composition, including the indicative as well as the rhetorical moods.
- Relate the similarities and identify the differences between their own and Hispanic cultures.