As a student in the Engineering program, you will acquire the following knowledge and skills upon successful completion of the courses:
- Employ general principles, theories, concepts, and/or formulas in the solution of problems.
- Conduct an experimental procedure, use laboratory materials properly and safely, carefully note observations in a laboratory notebook, and describe the procedure clearly for others.
- Demonstrate the ability to use modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the engineering profession.
- Participate effectively as team members in group projects: working cooperatively with others, accepting diverse views, encouraging active participation of others, dealing productively with conflict, and taking leadership roles as the need arises to accomplish the group's objective.
Below you will information on degrees and certificates offered by Ohlone which will prepare you to transfer to a four year institution for a bachelor's degree, or begin a technical career. Also see the Transfer Information for Engineering Majors, where you can find tools that show you the exact classes you need to enroll in for computer and industrial engineering majors, as well as links to transferring colleges.
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Certificates of Accomplishment
- Engineering Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
- Engineering / Manufacturing Technician Certificate of Accomplishment (PDF)
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Related Information at Ohlone
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- ENGI-101 Introduction to Engineering
- ENGI-111 Programming and Problem-Solving in MATLAB
- ENGI/CNET-114 How Technology Works
- ENGI-115 Engineering Graphics and Design
- ENGI-120 Engineering Mechanics - Statics
- ENGI-130 Electric Circuit Analysis
- ENGI-135 Introduction to Robotics and Automated Systems
- ENGI-140 Materials Engineering
Completion Requirements: Grades of C and above are required in courses intended to be transferred for credit to a baccalaureate degree-granting college/university.
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
The Engineering Pathways website presents plans to follow to earn a Computer Engineering or Industrial Engineering degree.
Students are advised to work closely with the faculty and counseling staff for program and course scheduling. Electives should be chosen carefully to meet requirements of transfer institution.
- San Jose State University, College of Engineering, San Jose
- University of California, Davis, College of Engineering
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley Engineering
- University of California, Irvine, The Henry Samueli School of Engineering
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, College of Engineering
- California Institute of Technology
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
- University of Southern California (USC), Viterbi School of Engineering
- University of California, Santa Cruz, Jack Baskin School of Engineering
- California State University, East Bay, Department of Engineering
Please refer to Exploring Majors at ASSIST.org for a list of university (California State University and University of California) that offer the major. Select an Area of Study, press the Continue button, select a Discipline in that area of study, press the Continue button, and then select the campus abbreviation next to a major to get more information about that major and the transfer requirements for that university.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".