Welcome to Ohlone College Guided Pathways!
Guided Pathways is a framework that supports Ohlone’s commitment to “Student’s First!”. The Guided Pathways framework centers on supporting student success by focusing on making degree completion and transfer more equitable, accessible, and transparent, as well as more student-centered approaches to support services and resources.
What is Guided Pathways all about?
Check out this insightful video from the California Community College Chancellor’s office to learn more about how Guided Pathways supports student success.
Guided Pathways at Ohlone
Why is Guided Pathways important?
The work of Guided Pathways involves everyone at Ohlone College because we all play a role in supporting student success. It is up to all of us to create a safe, transparent, inviting, inclusive, and accessible student experience.
Four Pillars of Guided Pathways
Guided Pathways journey at Ohlone College itinerary (goals) for 2020 – 2021
Building - > awareness and relationships
- Guided Pathways is all about building relationships – building relationships with our students and with each other. For this academic year, Ohlone College is focusing on building relationships across campus and engaging in discussions about how to take a more holistic approach to serving our students. While building relationships, we are also raising awareness about how and why Guided Pathways can more effectively help Ohlone support student success.
- Guided Pathways also emphasizes transparency, including transparency in communication. Ohlone College is using the Guided Pathways framework to facilitate conversations and to cultivate more opportunities for collaboration.
Using Appreciative Inquiry
- Ohlone College is using the Appreciative Inquiry approach as we focus on building relationships and facilitating conversations. Appreciative inquiry encourages focus and emphasis on the strengths of the community and how those strengths can provide innovative opportunities and exploration of creative possibilities.
Exploring integrative approaches
- As Ohlone College engages in Guided Pathways implementation, the campus community is exploring how collaboration can be more holistic and complementary, strengthening how we work together to serve our students, as a team, and community.
GP @ Ohlone projects for 2020 – 2021
To achieve the Guided Pathways goals at Ohlone, the Guided Pathways taskforce is actively engaged in efforts and projects that follow the 4 Pillars of Guided Pathways.
Projects for 2020 – 2021 include:
- Development of Interest Areas (“meta-majors”)
- Degree mapping
- Working with data coaches and GP interns
- Onboarding redesign
- Transformative approach to counseling
- Website redesign (to include Interest Areas & degree maps)
For more information about how these projects follow the 4 Pillars, please check out the following slideshow.