GP Pillar Presentation Series - Fall 2021
See how Ohlone College is working to align with the 4 Pillars of Guided Pathways.
Pillar 1 series - Clarify the Path
Pillar 1 revisited - SPA
Back by popular demand, the Pillar 1 SPA presentation from the Fall 2021 retreat will be revisited. Come learn about the new SPA (Student Pathways Apprenticeship) program and how this program aligns with pillar 1 and supports our students.
When: Thursday, October 28th - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Who: The SPA team and Dr. Melissa Vang (Research & Planning Office)
Facilitator: Simeon (Sim) Castro (Library)
Pillar 1 - Highlight your program with pathways, mapping, and mind maps
Come learn about how Ohlone faculty approached how to showcase their programs in order to meet student needs and goals.
When: Thursday, November 18th - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Who: Narinder Bansal (Environmental Science), Isabel Reichert (Digital Arts and Interactive Design), and Jeff Roberts (Kinesiology)
Facilitators: Emily Burns (CE coordinator) & Yvonka Headley (Counseling; GP mapping coordinator)
Pillar 2 series - Enter the Path
Pillar 2 - Business Experiencia
Learn about how the Business Interest Area is creating a unique, Business Interest Area focused student experience. Come to be inspired! Stay tuned for more details!
When: Wednesday, November 17th, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Who: Business Experiencia Success Team
Facilitator: Emily Burns (CE coordinator)
GP Drop - In office hours
Visit GP Program Mapping Zoom Room!
Are you working on your maps or want to know how to get started? Stop by with your questions!
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Visit at this LINK.
GP Café Chats
GP Café Chat series
March 3 - 1pm - 2pm - It's the GP Café kick-off! Larissa and Yvonka are excited to chat with new Executive Dean of Equity, Inclusivity, and Campus Diversity, Melissa Cervantes! Come join the conversation. See you on Zoom! Meeting ID: 993 3787 9207.
- Melissa is an Ohlone alumna!
- She is a local! Born and raised in the tri-cities area.
- Melissa has professional experience in 4 year institutions and in community college.
- Melissa has worked with many programs that serve marginalized student populations.
- In her role at Foothill College, she was instrumental in the discussions dealing with anti-racism and issues of equity on campus.
- Melissa is excited about returning to Ohlone College and supporting our equity and anti-racist efforts.
March 11 - 12 pm - 1 pm - Larissa and Yvonka are joined by the newly appointed SPA (Student Pathways Apprenticeship program) team. Come join the conversation and learn about these new outreach opportunities with our local high schools! See you on ZOOM! Meeting ID: 989 6533 0609
SPA = Student Pathways Apprenticeship program
Team: Melissa Cervantes (Dean of Equity, Inclusivity, and Campus Diversity), Rob Smith (Program manager), and program supervisors - Lindsey Flores, Evelyn Diaz Sanchez, and Harshdeep Singh.
provides apprentices (graduate student assistants) to local high schools to act as an embedded liaison between high school students and Ohlone College.
goals are to provide more integrated support for local high schools and adult education school students, provide more transparent communication and information, access to campus resources without the high school or adult education student having to come onto Ohlone's campus, plus strengthening Ohlone's relationship with the community.
March 31 - 8:30 am - 9:30 am - Larissa and Yvonka will be chatting with Admissions and Records, and Counseling about Guided Pathways is shaping and transforming their work, centering the student experience. Come join the conversation. See you on Zoom! Meeting ID: 925 7595 7067
- Adopting a new platform through Ellucian - CRM Recruit. This new program replaces WebAdviser and will help us communicate more effectively with our students.
- Implemented next gen forms - allows for more streamlined, secure, paperless method to help provide services to students more efficiently.
- CCCApply application now reflects Interest Area selection.
- Financial Aid continues its efforts to provide more transparent, student centered services. A new platform, Student Planner, has been implemented. This new platform provides clearer, more transparent and accessible information to students about their financial aid.
- The financial aid website has been revamped, and new methods of student engagement have been introduced; such as RENY, the chat bot, who is ready to help students at any given time. Also, Financial Aid TV provides over 200 videos to provide more information and support for students, including episodes about how to be an effective online student, financial aid benefits, and financial literacy.
- Financial aid can also come to your class to provide an informational presentation about financial aid benefits. Check out the form on their website!
- Counseling has always been relationship driven. Now taking another look at how counseling can be more student focused in alignment with 4 pillars of Guided Pathways. Lots of exciting, intentional changes.
- FT counselors now assigned to each Interest Area.
- Counselors are piloting new student planning tool, CRM Advise. This new platform is intended to provide more transparent and accessible information regarding student progress as they work toward educational goals. It's also intended to replace Starfish. Full implementation is planned for Fall 2021.
- Peer mentor program is being revampled. Rebranded as peer advisor academy. The focus will be on providing them with more work experience and more opportunity for professional development and training.
- Integrating SARS and zoom allowing for easier, more effective contact with students, and reducing confusion.
April 14th - 11 am - 12 pm - Join GP as we chat with Ohlone's mental health student ambassadors! Join the conversation via Zoom. Meeting ID: 990 1561 2777.
April 21st - 12 pm - 1 pm - Join our GP interns as they facilitate a discussion about the Interest Area icons survey for students. This chat is specifically for students but all are welcome to attend! Come join the conversation on Zoom! Meeting ID: 932 5248 5275