GP Drop - In office hours
Visit GP Program Mapping Drop-In office hours!
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Visit at this LINK.
GP Café Chats
GP Café Chat series
March 3 - 1pm - 2pm - It's the GP Café kick-off! Larissa and Yvonka are excited to chat with new Executive Dean of Equity, Inclusivity, and Campus Diversity, Melissa Cervantes! Come join the conversation. See you on Zoom! Meeting ID: 993 3787 9207.
- Melissa is an Ohlone alumna!
- She is a local! Born and raised in the tri-cities area.
- Melissa has professional experience in 4 year institutions and in community college.
- Melissa has worked with many programs that serve marginalized student populations.
- In her role at Foothill College, she was instrumental in the discussions dealing with anti-racism and issues of equity on campus.
- Melissa is excited about returning to Ohlone College and supporting our equity and anti-racist efforts.
March 11 - 12 pm - 1 pm - Larissa and Yvonka are joined by the newly appointed SPA (Student Pathways Apprenticeship program) team. Come join the conversation and learn about these new outreach opportunities with our local high schools! See you on ZOOM! Meeting ID: 989 6533 0609
SPA = Student Pathways Apprenticeship program
Team: Melissa Cervantes (Dean of Equity, Inclusivity, and Campus Diversity), Rob Smith (Program manager), and program supervisors - Lindsey Flores, Evelyn Diaz Sanchez, and Harshdeep Singh.
provides apprentices (graduate student assistants) to local high schools to act as an embedded liaison between high school students and Ohlone College.
goals are to provide more integrated support for local high schools and adult education school students, provide more transparent communication and information, access to campus resources without the high school or adult education student having to come onto Ohlone's campus, plus strengthening Ohlone's relationship with the community.
March 31 - 8:30 am - 9:30 am - Larissa and Yvonka will be chatting with Admissions and Records, and Counseling about Guided Pathways is shaping and transforming their work, centering the student experience. Come join the conversation. See you on Zoom! Meeting ID: 925 7595 7067
- Adopting a new platform through Ellucian - CRM Recruit. This new program replaces WebAdviser and will help us communicate more effectively with our students.
- Implemented next gen forms - allows for more streamlined, secure, paperless method to help provide services to students more efficiently.
- CCCApply application now reflects Interest Area selection.
- Financial Aid continues its efforts to provide more transparent, student centered services. A new platform, Student Planner, has been implemented. This new platform provides clearer, more transparent and accessible information to students about their financial aid.
- The financial aid website has been revamped, and new methods of student engagement have been introduced; such as RENY, the chat bot, who is ready to help students at any given time. Also, Financial Aid TV provides over 200 videos to provide more information and support for students, including episodes about how to be an effective online student, financial aid benefits, and financial literacy.
- Financial aid can also come to your class to provide an informational presentation about financial aid benefits. Check out the form on their website!
- Counseling has always been relationship driven. Now taking another look at how counseling can be more student focused in alignment with 4 pillars of Guided Pathways. Lots of exciting, intentional changes.
- FT counselors now assigned to each Interest Area.
- Counselors are piloting new student planning tool, CRM Advise. This new platform is intended to provide more transparent and accessible information regarding student progress as they work toward educational goals. It's also intended to replace Starfish. Full implementation is planned for Fall 2021.
- Peer mentor program is being revampled. Rebranded as peer advisor academy. The focus will be on providing them with more work experience and more opportunity for professional development and training.
- Integrating SARS and zoom allowing for easier, more effective contact with students, and reducing confusion.
April 14th - 11 am - 12 pm - Join GP as we chat with Ohlone's mental health student ambassadors! Join the conversation via Zoom. Meeting ID: 990 1561 2777.
April 21st - 12 pm - 1 pm - Join our GP interns as they facilitate a discussion about the Interest Area icons survey for students. This chat is specifically for students but all are welcome to attend! Come join the conversation on Zoom! Meeting ID: 932 5248 5275
Reimagining counseling and student services: A Guided Pathways workshop
For teams of faculty, staff, and administrators working at all levels across California to improve student outcomes, this year's first Guided Pathways workshop (on Sept. 27) offers promising, innovative approaches that are improving student experiences and outcomes.
Practitioners will engage participants in learning about creating new systems, embedding counseling in pathways, and redesigning supports so they’re grounded in equity. Each participating college team will have a chance to apply what they learn in facilitated planning discussions and to continue building momentum and innovative reforms on their campus.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: College teams could include counseling faculty; student support staff; vice presidents of student services; Guided Pathways team members; deans of counseling, equity, and student services; and leaders of EOP&S, categorical programs, and culturally based learning communities.
- WHEN: 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 27
- WHERE: Fresno (DoubleTree Hotel, 2233 Ventura Street, Fresno, 93721)
This workshop is produced by Career Ladders Project with funding from the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. Leaders of the Chief Student Services Officers have also provided input and helped shape the event.
Presenters will discuss practices that are achieving promising results at colleges including West Hills College Lemoore, Modesto Junior College, and Pasadena City College.
Additional statewide workshops on other topics in Guided Pathways redesign will be offered in Sacramento in February and Irvine in April.
There's limited space! Click here to register your team!