Ohlone College Fifty-Third Annual Commencement Ceremony
Virtual Commencement 2020
Friday, May 22, 2020, at 7:00 PM
Ways to access the event:
ONTV, cable channel 28
Click here to view the Virtual Commencement Program: https://www.ohlone.edu/graduation/commencement
Congratulations! It's time to celebrate your accomplishments.
GRADUATION FAQ UPDATED ON MAY 5, 2020
Who is included in the Class of 2020?
Everyone who applies for a degree during the 2019-2020 academic year is eligible to participate in graduation.
- Fall 2019 graduates
- Spring 2020 candidates (deadline to apply has been extended to April 10)
- Summer 2020 candidates (deadline to apply and participate in the ceremony is extended to April 28)
Make an appointment to see a counselor for questions about whether or not you are ready to graduate.
Graduates, start here!
Here is what you need to know:
- You have to be on the list. Make sure you apply to graduate. (See "Who can participate in the ceremony?" for the deadlines to apply)
- Once your application is processed, you'll receive an email with instructions to access our RSVP website. (Check your student email!)
- RSVP! Upload your picture and message. The deadline to do this is May 4, 2020. (*extended to May 8, 2020)
- The information below will explain how to access the virtual commencement ceremony.
If you have more questions you may contact Leigh-Anne Elizondo, Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services at (510) 659-6262. Please leave a voice mail. You will be contacted within 48 business hours.
Info about graduation gifts, regalia, honor cords, etc.
The Bookstore has regalia, diploma frames, and other personalized grad gifts available.
Check out their website: https://www.bkstr.com/ohlonestore/shop/graduation
Every graduate who expressed interest in participating in the graduation ceremony will receive a special Virtual Commencement gift:
- a cap & tassel package (gown not included)
- alumni t-shirt, sponsored by the Ohlone College Foundation
Grad packages have been sent.
For questions about your package please contact email@example.com.
The Class of 2020 Digital Picture!
The Mosaic photo is currently being constructed. Check back after commencement to view it on our virtual ceremony page.
What do I need for the Virtual Commencement Ceremony?
1. You need to join the Facebook group Ohlone College Class of 2020. Get to know your fellow grads, share photos, and get tips like where to find "free" graduation announcements.
2. Join the watch party!
On May 22, 2020, Student Life will be hosting a huge virtual commencement audience where faculty, staff, family friends, and graduates can view the ceremony together and cheer for the Class of 2020.
Is the ceremony available after May 22, 2020?
Yes! That is the best part of the virtual ceremony - you can schedule graduation for a time that fits your family's and friends' schedules. Just use this link to access the video: https://www.ustream.tv/ohlonecollegetv
How will I get my diploma?
Diplomas are not given at a face-to-face ceremony. For more information about when your diploma will be mailed, see Admissions & Records.
Return to Graduation Home Page: