Welcome to the Ohlone Student Health Center. We take great pride in being one of the most visible and resourceful student services on campus by providing excellent health care to students and taking a leadership role in promoting and advocating for a healthy campus community. The health center provides primary and urgent care, immunizations, diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, over the counter medications, free HIV testing and counseling, health education, and mental health services. It is also a Family PACT provider, California’s comprehensive family planning program for low income men and women.
COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS) UPDATES
Greetings Ohlone Students:
Student Health Services is offering limited services during the Ohlone College campus closure.
· Mental Health: telehealth mental health appointments are available! This can be done on a phone or a laptop. Student Health has an ASL fluent mental health counselor for our deaf and hard of hearing population as well. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
· Limited medical services are also available by telephone, including prescription refills, referrals, and basic advice. These services need to be scheduled, please email email@example.com to arrange to speak to a nurse. This is not an emergency service. If you are having a medical or mental health emergency, call 911.
CLICK HERE FOR PATIENT REGISTRATION FORMS
· If you are a student that receives reproductive and sexual health services through the Family PACT program check this website for a Family PACT provider near you. If you are unsure how to proceed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Our phones are open, but we have limited ability to manage our phone lines. If possible please send questions and concerns to the email address listed above.
· Mental Health Crisis Lines are always open. If you or someone you know is in crisis contact:
o The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8266
o The Alameda County 24 Hour Crisis Support Service: 1-800-309-2131
o The Crisis Text Line: Text COURAGE to 741741
· For up to date information about Ohlone College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and links to factual information about the virus please visit Ohlone’s COVID-19 website.
This is a scary and uncertain time. Student Health Services is here for you, please contact us if you need help.
Location of Services
|Campus||Hours||Location||Appointment Line & Contact Info|
|Fremont Campus||Mondays - Thursdays
||Building 7, third floor|
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
|Room NC1214, first floor, wing 2|
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Breaks: Closed
- The Student Health Center follows the Academic Calendar and is closed when classes are not in session.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to be seen at the Health Center? Office visits are free, as are Family PACT services (sexual and reproductive health services). Fees may apply for some services such as immunizations & labs.
- Can I use the Health Center if I have insurance coverage? Yes, the student health center does not charge insurance, and accepts uninsured students.
- Does the Health Center provide dental services? No, we have information about affordable dental services to share.
- Does the Health Center provide sports physicals? No, students seeking to participate in athletics at Ohlone College should contact the athletic department.
- Can I get birth control at the Health Center? Yes, under the Family PACT Program, these services are free of charge and confidential.
- Can I get STD testing at the Health Center? Yes, under the Family PACT Program, these services are free of charge and confidential.
- Can I get the health fee waived? The ONLY exemption is for students who rely on prayer for healing in accordance with teaching of a bona fide religious sect, denomination or organization. Waiver request will need to be provided one week prior to registering for classes.
Left to right from the top: Sang Leng Trieu, Jessica Lopez, Rosemary O'Neill
Left to right from the bottom: Roger Leu, Janet Quijas, Catherine Hayes, Julie Navarro
Image credit: Student Health Center postcard - Rachel Mesia