The Ohlone Student Health Center recognizes that mental health is a key element in the academic success of our students. To that end, we are please to provide mental health counseling, free of charge, to our students.
Personal counseling services:
- Students can meet with a personal counselor for a number of sessions each semester
- Please be aware that our counseling services follow the academic student calendar and counselors do not meet with students during scheduled holidays or school breaks
- Services are not 24-hour, nor year-round
- Check out our brochure
We are committed to providing service to the numbers of students seeking assistance. There is a high demand for personal counseling services. A missed appointment impacts another student who could have taken the slot. Please be responsible. The cancellation policy is a 24-hour advanced notice.
Please note: If you miss an appointment without giving notice within 24 hours, you will be reminded. If you should miss a second appointment without notice, you automatically forfeit your opportunity for personal counseling services, and will have to wait until the following semester.
Students are invited to explore a wide range of issues during personal counseling sessions, such as:
- Depression and anxiety
- Safety from suicidal thinking
- Forgiveness, grief, loss
- Personal Responsibility
- Setting personal boundaries
- Self-management skills/time management
- Self-discovery … what makes them come alive in life
- Listening to their internal language
- Interpersonal and Assertive Communication
- Problem solving
- Gender orientation
Mental health and crisis hotlines
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline||1-800-273-8255|
|24-hour Crisis Support Services of Alameda County||1-800-309-2131|
|Crisis Text Line||Text COURAGE to 741741|
Mental Health Intern/Trainee Program
Ohlone College Student Health Center is excited to start our Mental Health Intern/Trainee Program which will begin Fall Semester, August 2020. Please click on links below for a program description and application.
Ohlone College mental health interns/trainees will provide the following clinical services:
- Clinical assessment and treatment planning
- Individual short-term counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Community linkages and referrals
- Facilitation of support groups
Ohlone’s mental health program includes a focus on prevention, education, and early intervention services. Mental health interns/trainees will also have an opportunity to provide non-clinical services, including:
- Conducting mental health educational presentations for classes and other student groups
- Delivering workshops on stress management and student success topics
- Conducting outreach
- Collaborating with Student Wellness Ambassadors on program planning of events and campaigns
Image credits: Nina Nguyen.