As an Ohlone College employee, you are automatically enrolled in our Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance programs. Supplemental Life Insurance as well as AD&D are also available. The Basic Life, Supplemental Life, and AD&D programs are provided through UNUM Insurance Company.
Available Basic Life Insurance Plans
Your Basic Life Insurance policy is based on your employee group (i.e. Classified, Faculty, and Management/Confidential).
- The UNUM Life Summary of Benefits, Classified (PDF) provides benefit highlights as well as basic terms and conditions.
- The UNUM Life Evidence of Coverage, Classified (PDF) provides more detailed information regarding the plan including claim information, general provisions, and beneficiary payments.
- The UNUM Life Summary of Benefits, Management/Faculty (PDF) provides benefit highlights as well as basic terms and conditions.
- The UNUM Life Evidence of Coverage, Management/Faculty (PDF) provides more detailed information regarding the plan including claim information, general provisions, and beneficiary payments.
Basic Life Insurance Enrollment Form
If you are an eligible employee, you may enroll in the District's Basic Life Insurance & AD&D insurance program by completing the Universal Enrollment Form (XLS) and returning it to the HR Department.
Basic Life Insurance Beneficiary Change Form
If you are enrolled in the District's Basic Life Insurance & AD&D insurance program and would like to change your beneficiary, please complete the UNUM Beneficiary Designation Form (PDF) and return it to the HR Department.
Supplemental Life Insurance
You may purchase UNUM Supplemental Life Insurance (DOC) up to the lesser of: 5 times your annual earnings or $500,000. If you purchase more than the guarantee amount of $150,000 you must complete the UNUM Evidence of Insurability (PDF) (proof of good health) and submit it directly to UNUM at:
Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance
You may purchase coverage for your spouse or registered domestic partner up to a maximum of $500,000 or 100% of your amount of insurance (whichever is less). If you purchase more than the spouse/partner guarantee amount of $25,000, you must complete the UNUM Evidence of Insurability (PDF).
You can also select life coverage amount in increments of $2,500 for your child. The coverage amount cannot exceed $10,000. The maximum death benefit for a child between the ages of live birth and 6 months is $1,000.
In order to purchase Life or AD&D for your spouse and/or child, you must purchase Life and/or AD&D coverage for yourself.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
AD&D insurance provides you and your family with protection against accidental death or loss of limb or body function. It does not pay a benefit for a death arising from illness or natural causes. You may purchase AD&D insurance in increments of:
- For yourself: $1,000 increments up to $500,000 maximum.
- For your spouse/partner: $1,000 increments up to $500,000 maximum.
- For your child: $2,500 increments up to $10,000 maximum.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".
Microsoft Office Compability Pack (free) for older versions of MS Office (2000, XP, or 2003).