The mission of the Ohlone College Human Resources and Training department is to recruit, motivate, continuously improve, and retain an innovative workforce. Our employees are passionate about learning and sharing their knowledge in a climate that values:
COLLABORATION, DIVERSITY, TRUST, RESPECT, QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE, SUSTAINABILITY, AND STUDENT SUCCESS.
- We empower students and employees to achieve at their fullest potential, encouraging all to engage in ongoing learning through high quality education and continuous institutional improvement.
- We actively reach out to and support students and employees from various backgrounds, socio-economic groups, ages, and abilities to explore their interests in order to define and fulfill their goals. We strive for a diverse workforce that honors and upholds the contributions of all.
- We strive to be risk-takers in order to generate new ideas in college planning and the curriculum that inspire students, faculty, and staff to optimize student learning. We endeavor to meet the entrepreneurial and technological needs of the college community to serve and support students.
- We practice transparent communication, emphasizing respect, trust, and honesty among students, employees, and the communities we serve in a climate where everyone feels heard and engaged.
- We engage in shared governance to provide an exemplary model of stewardship for human, financial, physical, technological, and environmental resources to maximize institutional effectiveness and efficiency.
- We provide the necessary tools and support to assist students and employees in defining goals, and measuring their success by the attainment of those goals.