Laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Fair Employment and Housing Act require an employer such as Ohlone Community College District to provide reasonable accommodations to employees and others with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified to perform their duties.
Ohlone will make reasonable accommodation(s) for the known physical or mental limitations of an individual with a disability who is an applicant, employee, intern, or volunteer, unless undue hardship would result, to the extent required by applicable law.
Any individual who requires an accommodation should contact Ohlone College's Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation, preferably in writing on the form available in HR. The individual with the disability should specify what accommodation(s) he or she believes is necessary to perform the duties and a description of the functional limitations warranting the accommodations requested. Such requests are confidential. Ohlone College may require individuals to provide additional information about the qualifying disability.
Once an individual submits a request for an accommodation, Human Resources will review the request and schedule a meeting during which the individual, Human Resources, and the supervisor will discuss ways to assist the individual complete job duties.
Ohlone will determine possible accommodations, if any, that will help eliminate or diminish the limitation. If the accommodation is reasonable, allows the individual to perform the essential functions, and will not impose an undue hardship, Ohlone will make the accommodation.
Private and confidential medical information related to the disability will be maintained in a locked and confidential file location separate from the individual’s personnel file. The individual can schedule a meeting with a Human Resources representative to discuss any concerns or questions
- Workers Compensation Procedures
- Notice to Employees
- Notice to Employees - Spanish
- WC Personal Physician Pre-Designation Cover Letter and Form
- Keenan Workers Comp New Hire Pamphlet
- Keenan Workers Comp New Hire Pamphlet - Spanish
- Employer's Report of Occupational Injury or Illness
- Supervisor's Report of Employee Injury
- Workers' Compensation Claim Form (DWC 1) and Notice of Potential Eligibility (updated January 2016)
- PRIME Advantage MPN Complete Written Employee Notification - English
- PRIME Advantage MPN Complete Written Employee Notification - Spanish
- Worker's Compensation Temporary Pharmacy ID Card
- Company Nurse