A variety of housing options are available to Ohlone College international students.
Live with a host family while studying at Ohlone College! Homestays provide international students the chance to:
- Learn more about American culture,
- Practice English, and
- Live in a comfortable and secure environment.
International Housing Placement Service (IHPS) Homestays, homestay providers with many years of experience matching students with comfortable host families. Families are located within commuting distance to Ohlone College.
|Airport Pickup Fee (optional)||$120|
|Monthly Fee, including 14 meals per week||$900|
|Monthly Fee, room only||$700|
|Airport Pickup Fee (optional)||$125|
|Monthly Fee, including internet services and 14 meals per week||$900|
|Monthly Fee, including internet services||$600|
You may also wish to check other websites for housing information, such as PadMapper.com. On the Craigslist homepage, choose "housing" then select "fremont / union city / newark" from the neighborhoods menu.***
The Mission Peak Lodge (see below) also offers rooms for rent on a weekly, monthly and longer-term basis.
*** Note: these suggestions are not an official endorsement by Ohlone College of any of the advertisements or information that appear on these sites. It is important to exercise care in researching any options you may find on these and other housing web sites.
There are a number of hotels in Fremont and Newark. Students just arriving to the U.S. may wish to stay at one of these hotels for a few days or weeks, while they look for longer-term accommodations. Family members who are visiting students may also wish to choose one of these hotels.****
43643 Mission BoulevardFremont, CA 94539Located across the street from Ohlone College, Fremont campus
Nightly cost: Approximately $55 USD
Weekly cost: Approximately $300 - $385 USD
Please contact the hotel for updated price quotes
46312 Mission BoulevardFremont, CA 94539Fax (510) 979-1113Located 3.3 miles from Ohlone College, Fremont campus
Nightly cost: Approximately $80 USD
Weekly cost: Approximately $500 USD
- Please contact the hotel for updated price quotes
A list of other Fremont hotels is available on the City of Fremont Lodging website.
**** Please note that the above list of hotels does not constitute an official endorsement by Ohlone College of these hotels. It is provided for informational purposes only.
Here are a couple easy ways to get from the San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Fremont:
- International Student Placements (ISP) offers pickup from the SFO airport directly to your home for $120 USD. You do not need to sign up for a homestay through them in order to use this service. You can visit their website and contact them directly to make a reservation.
- Super Shuttle also offers a ride from the SFO airport to your home. This is a shuttle service that takes multiple people to their homes in one van. The cost is $60 USD to Fremont and you can make reservations online through their website.
All costs and fees listed on this page are determined by the respective service provider, and are subject to change.