Greetings from Ohlone College! We are excited that you will be joining us soon.
To get started, you should do the following things, in order:
- Closely read the “Important Information” document you received with your acceptance materials.
- 2. Once you know your date of arrival to the U.S., email Ms. Kristi Radke (email@example.com), International Programs Manager, to make an appointment to check-in. Bring your passport and I-20 to that appointment, since we will make photocopies of those items.
- After this appointment, take an English Placement test and a Math Placement test. We reserve testing spots for you and detailed information about those tests will be given to you at your appointment at the International Programs and Services Office. You do not need to make your own appointment for placement tests. *
- Meet with a counselor to enroll for classes. The Counselor will recommend courses you should take based upon your academic background, Placement Test results, and future educational goals. You will receive an appointment time with a counselor after you complete your placement tests.
* All new international students are required to take the ESL Placement Test. Students may be eligible to take the English Placement Test instead of the ESL Placement Test if they can demonstrate satisfaction of one of the measures of English proficiency. Contact an international student Counselor for more information.