The Ohlone College Psychology Club is proud to announce the latest installment in the Psychology Club Speaker Series.
- Friday, April 13, 2012 at 7:00pm
- Jackson Theatre, Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts, Ohlone College, Fremont campus
- Tickets: This event is Sold Out.
- Event Parking: $2
- Smith Center Box Office / Information
In this talk, former magician and escape artist, James Randi, discusses his investigation of self-described faith healers, psychics, infomercial gurus, and medical charlatans.
- "Religious" services on cable TV and after-dark infomercials steal billions of dollars from the gullible in our society promising healing, financial largesse, and advance on people's love lives and futures.
- Although their success rate is dismal, the money continues to pour in!
- Why are people so committed to embracing such nonsense as faith healing, financial guruism, psychic predictions, and the like?
Magician and critical thinker James Randi has investigated the claims of hundreds of psychics, pseudoscientists and other purveyors of film-flam, and has devoted his life to sharing his conclusions with millions through his many TV appearances, lectures, and writings.
For more information:
- James Randi Biography
- James Randi "Prophecy, Divination, and Feath Healing" flyer (PDF)
- James Randi "Prophecy, Divination, and Faith Healing" brochure (PDF, 4 MB)
- Blog post by Ohlone College Professor Sheldon Helms
This talk funded in part by the Associated Students of Ohlone College.Skip plugin notice.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".