Professor Hurley has been teaching full time at Ohlone College since 2001. She is passionate about teaching students how to read and write with their brains awake and their hearts open. She sees community college teaching as a social justice mission to provide educational opportunity to all. She believes that every student can reach greatness given a motivating, supportive environment.
Note: Professor Hurley's office and classes are at the Ohlone College Newark Center for Health Sciences and Technology. Learn about the features of this innovative, award-winning green building.
- Ohlone College English Department
- Ohlone College Library
- Purdue University's Online Writing Lab
- American Heritage Dictionary Online
- English 151RW: Introduction to College Reading/Writing
- English 101B: Introduction to Literature
- English 101C: Introduction to Critical Thinking
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Jennifer Hurley is a enthusiastic teacher and a lover of animals, nature, and art. When she is not teaching, she loves hiking with her husband and dog, doing hot yoga, sewing, gardening, and cooking. Her fantasy vacation is a silent Zen meditation retreat followed by wine tasting and good food in Napa.
- M.A. Creative Writing (emphasis on short fiction), Boston University
- B.A. in Literature/Writing, UC San Diego