Kinesiology classes are theory courses primarily focused on exercise science, wellness, and sports medicine. Please see Physical Education for physical education activity courses, and Athletics for all courses related to intercollegiate sports.
Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree
Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree
Certificates of Accomplishment
Review a sample listing of Courses in this area of study. Review academic requirements in the Catalog and in the Curriculum Guides. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
Apply for a Degree or Certificates
Are you finishing your associate degree or certificate? Please review How to Apply for a Degree or Certificate.
Mission of the Kinesiology: Athletic Training Department
The mission of the Ohlone College Sports Medicine and Athletic Training Program is to provide Ohlone College intercollegiate student athletes with the highest level of Sports Medicine and Athletic Training care.
Kinesiology: Athletic Training Objectives
- To instruct and advise student-athletes in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- To evaluate and provide immediate care when sports injuries occur.
- To provide follow-up injury care, rehabilitation and reconditioning programs to student-athletes recovering from an injury.
- To prepare student-athletes for practice or competition including taping, bandaging, wrapping and bracing.
- In addition the Athletic Training Sports Medicine Program provides students interested in careers in athletic training and sports medicine with opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and practical experience in the athletic training and sports medicine setting.
Adobe Reader (free) or other browser plug-in/add-on for opening PDF documents is required to open files on this page marked "PDF".