Hourly Parking Permits and Spaces
Hourly Parking is available on the Fremont campus only. A valid Hourly Parking Permit allows a student, staff, or visitor to park in one of the 19 spaces marked for Hourly Parking located in:
- Lot P
All other permits are not valid in these hourly parking stalls.
A Hourly Parking Permit:
- costs $1 per hour
- is valid for up to two (2) hours after time of purchase
- must be placed face-up on the dashboard for traffic enforcement personnel viewing
Hourly Parking Permit vending machines are available:
- in Lot P (same machine as the Daily Parking Permit machine)
- on level 5 of the Parking Structure (this is a backup in case the Lot P machine is unavailable)
Parking Rules Summary
- There is no free parking at any of the Ohlone Community College District campuses, except as noted in Parking Hours.
- There is a one-week grace period at the beginning of each semester when parking is free. After the first week of the semester, there is no free parking at any of the Ohlone Community College District campuses.
- Parking rules are enforced from the first day of each semester through the last.
- Parking is permitted only in designated areas and parking stalls.
- Vehicles that are illegally parked and/or parked without a valid parking permit may be cited and/or towed.
- All parking rules are enforced during instructional periods and on weekends when special events or classes are being held.
For the location of parking lots at the Fremont and Newark Center campuses, see Ohlone College Maps.
Under state law (Education Code 72247) all parking on a community college campus is subject to payment of a specified fee. It is a privilege extended by the Board of Trustees to the faculty, staff, students, and visitors.