Because effective math skills are necessary for college success, students are strongly encouraged-and often required-to take a placement test. This test will assess a student's math skills and recommend the appropriate class(es). Placement Test Information.
Register for classes using WebAdvisor. Review the searchable online Class Schedule for class dates and times. Course descriptions are available in the Catalog. All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review academic program requirements and discuss their long-range academic plan.
A sampling of courses for this discipline includes (not a complete list):
- MATH-101A/B/C Calculus With Analytic Geometry
- MATH-103 Introduction to Linear Algebra
- MATH-104 Differential Equations
- MATH-111 Introduction to Matlab for Engineers
- MATH-151 Algebra I
- MATH-151A/B Algebra I
- MATH-152 Algebra II
- MATH-152A/B Algebra II
- MATH-153 Intermediate Algebra
- MATH-155 Math for the Associate Degree
- MATH-156 Math for Liberal Arts
- MATH-158 Pre-Statistics
- MATH-159 Introduction to Statistics
- MATH-163 Discrete Mathematics for Computers
- MATH-166 Finite Mathematics
- MATH-167 Calculus for Business and Social Science
- MATH-181 Trigonometry
- MATH-188 Pre-Calculus
- MATH-190 Basic Mathematics
- MATH-190A/B Basic Mathematics (Self-Paced)
- MATH-191 Pre-Algebra
- MATH-192 Basic Mathematics and Pre-Algebra
- MATH-199 Success in Math
Most Ohlone College classes require the purchase of a textbook, and some classes require the purchase of online access codes (also known as keys) or other supplies. Most of these purchases are available at the Ohlone College Bookstore.
Students may also be required to pay additional fees for access to online resources that are not available through the Ohlone College Bookstore. Please check with the instructor.
More at Textbooks: Information and Purchasing, including Online Orders, Newark Center Textbooks and Supplies, Book Buybacks, and Textbook Costs.
Mathematics for Transfer AS Degree (ADT)
- Learn the foundation mathematics necessary for further studies in engineering, mathematics, and science.
- Demonstrate proficiency at problem solving techniques.
- Demonstrate a rudimentary level of knowledge for the construction of formal proofs.
- Apply their knowledge of problem solving techniques towards the solution of problems in engineering and science.