In attendance: Jennifer Harper, Wayne Takakuwa, John Mullen, Diane Berkland and Mandy Kwok-Yip.
Student Success Act Discussion (Mandy & DIane)
- Mandy and Diane reported out on the SSA conference they attended with Sonia Ortiz
- General discussion of what we're already doing, best practices and what issues still need resolution
- Brainstorm of ways we can count contacts and track students coming through orientations, assessment, SEPs, etc.
- Can we use Ohlone student ID cards?
- Should we use SARS track?
- John and Wayne will follow up with Ron on reporting and MIS issues
- John will follow up on helping us see a demo of the E-Advising Colleague program Cabrillo is using
- Can/Should we count tutoring as "At-Risk" follow up?
- Should Ohlone students using the One-Stop Career Center be counted as "other" follow up?
Room 7340, 10-11am:
- May 14 (Jen & John Mullen) Registration Priority appeal process
- May 21 (Don Penrose) MIS data, IT and reporting of new criteria AND Orientation Blocks; are they ready, how to turn them on, how to unblock students?
- Orientation Blocks: are they ready, how to turn them on, how to unblock (by September)
- MIS/SARS data: what do we need to capture; how to reflect this in SARS
- ESEP: what initial direction should we go toward for Spring 2014 and Su/Fa 2014?
- Registration Priority Appeals & Probation students
- ESEP Software
- MIS guidelines
- E-Advising (Colleagues ESEP) Demo Don is scheduling with company, John will try to set up a demo with Cabrillo
- Basic Skills interventions (Tony to present in Fall)
- Confidentiality DSPS vs. EOPS vs. General = duplication of services (Fall?)