(From 2009-2010 Season.)
John Peterson, Head Coach
- Four time Coast Conference North Coach of the Year
- Just completed his 9th season at Ohlone, Coach Peterson has a record of 201-81 (.712)
- He has led the Renegades to the first four conference championships in school history. The year prior to his arrival, Ohlone won only 1 league game.
- His teams have won 20 + games in eight of his nine seasons at Ohlone.
- He spent three years at NCAA Division II Metro State College in Denver. Metro went 87-15, won a National Championship, was National Runner up, and won three league titles. He worked for two-time NABC National Coach of the Year Mike Dunlap, currently Assoc. Head Coach at Oregon.
- He spent five years at NCAA Division I University of San Francisco, working for both Phil Mathews and Jim Brovelli.
- In sixteen years of college coaching, he has been a part of fourteen winning seasons.
- The 41-year old Peterson is married to the former Susan Novick and has two children: Benjamin (8) and Jordan (6).
Renegades Basketball: The John Peterson Era
- 2008-2009 25-9 Won conference title. Reached the sweet sixteen. Allowed 59 points per game (2nd, in the state).
- 2007-2008 20-11 Reached the sweet sixteen.
- 2006-2007 28-4 Reached the "Elite 8" state tournament for the first time. Most wins in a season in school history. Also won conference title. Ranked as high as #1 in the state. Five players were named to All Coast Conference team.
- 2005-2006 21-12 Ranked in the Top 20 in the state and Top 10 in Northern California. Ranked 3rd in the state in defense and made it to State playoffs.
- 2004-2005 13-13 Rebuilding year after losing a Div. I backcourt tandem.
- 2003-2004 24-3 Second consecutive league title. Best win percentage in school history. Allowed 60.9 points per game (3rd in the state).
- 2002-2003 25-10 First league title in program history. Most wins in school history. First Sweet Sixteen appearance in school history. Allowed 62.5 points per game (4th in the state).
- 2001-2002 22-10 Second consecutive 20-win season (first time in school history). Allowed 58.8 points per game (2nd in the state).
- 2000-2001 23-9 First 20-win season since 1985. First play-off win since 1985. Allowed 64.4 points per game (4th in the state).
Photo credit: Donald Jedlovec Photography: Ohlone College.
- Position: Assistant Coach
- Hometown: Chico, CA
- Experience: Chico St., Holy Names
- Experience at Ohlone: 2 years
- Alma Mater: Chico State Univ., 2000
- Family: Single
- Position: Assistant Coach
- Hometown: San Diego , CA
- Experience: Metro St, Butte, Chico St.
- Experience at Ohlone: 5 years
- Alma Mater: UC, Santa Barbra
- Family: Wife: Amelia Kids: Alison
Pete Morales is starting his third season as a part time assistant at Ohlone. Pete played in High School at San Lorenzo High School and in college at Cal-State Hayward. He coached at his high school alma mater for six years. Pete moved on to be the head coach at Dublin High school for five years. He then joined the staff at Bishop O'Dowd High School in Oakland for eleven years. His last four years at O'Dowd was as the head coach. Pete lead the Dragons to three HAAL league titles, two NCS championships and a Nor Cal championship which included playing for the state championship.
- Strength Trainer
Anthony Eggleton has been training high school and college level athletes for the past 25 years. Olympic athletes, high school and college All-Americans, NFL and professional basketball players have all worked under the tutelage of one of the most creative sports performance coaches in the country. His strength training and off -court / field drills dramatically improve foot speed and agility, overall strength and optimal conditioning levels for all athletes. His expertise has allowed him to train players from around this country and abroad.
He has served as the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Ohlone College Men's Basketball Team for the past 4 years. He develops and implements a year round training program specific to basketball. Additionally, for the last 3 Anthony has been the Strength and Conditioning for Piedmont High School's men's and women's programs. He currently serves in the same capacity for Salesian High School as well..
Anthony is the Director of Advanced Sports Training, considered by many to be one of the top training programs for athletes in the East Bay.
This web page is part of the official Ohlone College website. Any Ohlone College Athletics-related information that may appear on other websites is not official and may not be accurate.