Am I exempt from orientation?

Only first time college students are required to complete orientation.

You are automatically EXEMPT from orientation if you indicated on your Ohlone application that you:  

  • Have completed college coursework, AFTER graduating from high school
  • Are enrolled in K-12 while taking Ohlone College classes
  • Are only enrolling in summer session

You will need to submit an Orientation Exemption if you meet one the criteria above and encounter an orientation error when registering.

All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor for course selection and advisement.  Please refer to the Counseling website for more information.

Your request will be processed within 1-2 business days and will allow you to enroll without completing Orientation & Placement or receiving counseling.